Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Birth of Sheila

No, we didn't just have another baby, but I think Jason feels like he has. I blogged previously about our soon to be addition to the family. Yesterday, Jason built his computer, Sheila, from the ground up. I documented the journey and decided to share it with you guys. Since most of the people who read this are women, you might have to get your husbands to look at this to be able to grasp the excitement of the day.


On the right you can see my (Jason's old) computer. It is a fabulous computer but he wanted to get a strictly gaming rig so I get this one. Since all I really do is photos and internet I didn't need anything fancy. On the left you see my husband in his jammies putting "Sheila" up on our makeshift computer desk.
This is Jason hooking up the power supply. I tried to help but evidently I was pushing up instead of forward. I opted to take pictures of him doing it instead. Usually works better if I stay out of the way. The group of wires hanging there will eventually ALL get plugged into something before they are done.
This is the processor. So if you ever have problem with yours now you know what it looks like. Now I think this is a very important piece since it was packaged very carefully and Jason handled it like an armed bomb.
Aiden was fairly bored with all the hoopla that was being given to this new thing that she wasn't allowed to go near. Yes, that is my child sitting on the couch watching cartoons with a bag of chips. But we evened it out with a sippy of white grape juice. She doesn't usually drink out of a sippy but since she was banished from the dining room where she usually has to keep her glass of juice, we pulled them out so she could keep herself hydrated.

Jason is sitting on the floor with the motherboard in front of him. I think he is reading the directions which he is really good about especially if he is working on something important.

We hit a little snag in the road. We thought Jason had ordered the wrong size motherboard for the case he got. So we called in the cavalry! John, Jason's older brother, came over and saved the day. He found a piece that came with the case to fit the type of mother board we had. PHEWW!

This is John installing something but I don't remember what.

Here is Aiden bored out of her mind as she waits for everything to be done.

This is just as Jason was closing it up after connecting all the wires. The motherboard you saw sitting on the table actually is on the inside wall of the computer when the sides get closed. I learned so much from watching them! Still couldn't do it myself though.

Jason then plugs in the power to make sure they have all their connections right and see if they can get "Sheila" up and running.

Jason loves this case because you can see inside it and see all the components and because it glows green!! (That is everyones cue to OOO and AAAH)

This is Aiden sitting on our kitchen floor begging for some attention. She is very happy that Mommy is done taking pictures of the new computer and back to taking dozens of pictures (on her brand new digital camera) of the most adorable red head!!

1 comment:

RondaJo said...

Aiden is so cute. I imagine that's exactly how Gavyn would have been through the whole process too. lol