Saturday, March 1, 2008

I'll just get my soccer ball and. . .

Jacob and Marcia came over last night for some last minute Home Teaching. They ended up staying alot longer since Jacob got roped into helping Jason with a computer problem. While they were there I was reminded of an incident that Marcia said I had to blog about.

So, here goes:
Aiden is on this kick about monsters and burglars and such. The other day she asked what would happen if someone came in our house while Daddy was at work. I told her I would go get our baseball bat and hit him. I am not really sure this is how I would handle the situation but it seemed like the best way to let a 3 year-old know she doesn't need to be afraid. But it was her response that was priceless! She gets really serious and says "Yeah! And I'll just get my soccer ball and hit him in the stomach. Then he'll fall down and I will hit him in the head!" She was completely serious that if someone broke in our house she would be able to defend us with her soccer ball. It was just precious!! But she is no longer afraid that someone will come in while Daddy is at work.

No comments: