Monday, March 3, 2008

Weight Update #2

Ok, sothis month was a little more disappointing. I lost only 3 lbs. I started walking for an hour (usually between 3 and 4 miles a day) each morning with Marcia so I thought the weight would just be falling off. But it wasn't until this last week in February that I lost any weight. It was very disheartening to see the same number staring back at you day after day. I guess I should be glad that number wasn't going up. Anyway, I was getting really discouraged and thought "I am eating right and I am walking 3 miles a day-What more can I do?"

One day my alarm didn't go off and poor Marcia had to walk by herself. I told Jason that day that I was done. Marcia talked me into going the next day and when I got up to walk, I stepped on the scale and saw my 3 lbs gone. I tried not to get to excited 'cause he could have just been a fluke day. But 4 days later they were still gone so I got a renewed motivation and have been going strong ever since.

People have told me that since I was exercising so much more that I was building muscle and that is why I was not losing weight quickly. I don't know if they were saying that to comfort me or what but I am ready for the muscle building to slow down so I can lose weight at the same time. But I hope to give an update at the beginning of next month with a little more progress. So far my total is 13 lbs!

Since I am on the topic of weight loss I have to tell a little story on my mother-in-law. She had us over for lunch after church on. So we went over and there was a lasagna and salad. I know there are alot of carbs in lasagna but I thought I would splurge and take a larger piece since I had been doing so well at watching what and how much I eat. Besides there are some healthy things in it too, plus I had a big salad. So after my lunch we were getting ready to go and I went up to tell her and let her know I really liked the lasagna. I asked her what was different since it didn't taste like your run of the mill lasagna. She said "I sent John to the store for a frozen lasagna. . ." I was disappointed since I know how many preservatives and other things go into frozen and boxed food. She goes on to say " . . . he just got noodles and not a whole lasagna. So I just took a whole box of microwavable Hamburger Helper single packets and put them all in the oven with some cheese on top." My disappointment turned into horror as I thought about the fact that each little serving packet has like 400 calories and my splurge was probably 3 or 4 packets so I got at least 1200 calories from that one dish instead of from my whole day like I usually aim for. YIKES!!! I guess I learned my lesson on splurging!

1 comment:

Ashly said...

Hey there Jess!!!! I found you on blogspot....mwahahahahahahahaha....
hope you don't mind if I put your link on my site? Congrats on your weight loss!! That's AWESOME! I'll hope to be joining in you in June, but it'll have to wait until our little girl is born. (yep. 4 kids.)
Hope you're doing well! Aiden is getting so big and is adorable as always :) Can't wait to hear from you!
love, ashly
p.s.- Tell Jason his glowing computer case is SICK- I LOVE IT!!! (don't know if it's called a case or a tower or what, but it's rad! Maybe I'll get one for Tim's next birthday or something..)