This past week Megean and her boyfriend, David, came up to visit me during their Spring Break!! It was a total blast! I was getting very homesick and needed some home comforts. Originally they had planned to be at our house around 9p, about an hour after Aidens usual bedtime. So I had been telling Aiden for 2 weeks that she could stay up to see Dada (that is what she calls Megean) and Uncle David. Well, after a delayed start, yucky weather and an unintentional detour around Indianapolis they arrived at 11:30pm.
Eventually they did arrive and we unpacked some of the larger, more important things from the truck and we all headed to bed (Megean bunked with Aiden and David slept on the couch). We woke up the next morning to snow and slush. YUCK!! We unloaded the rest of the stuff, wishing we had done it last night when it was 50 degrees at 11:30p. After a bit of fiasco involving box springs, we spent the next two days hanging out and watching movies (and eating tons of junk food). It was too yucky to really do anything outside. Monday we cleaned our lazy selves up and went out and about. Jason and David went over to get an extra dresser The Parents had for Aiden while the girls got ready. Good thing they went then too 'cause it rained the rest of the day. We took David to meet our Aunt Helen who lives about 10 mins from us. We also gave him a tour of where we used to live when we lived here a LONG time ago.
Tuesday we ventured out into the rainy weather to take David to see Carthage and Nauvoo. I swear the is the only reason people come visit me- so I can take them to see the sites. This is a picture of Megean and David in front of the Carthage Jail visitors center.
The cute little missionary man wanted to take a picture of us under the window Joseph Smith fell out of. We all thought it was a little odd but we went with it. The person in the back didn't jump into our shot, it is actually Marcia who joined us but for some reason stood way behind us. Maybe we were stinky?
David really wanted to go see the Trail of Hope (the spot where all the saints left Nauvoo and walked the one mile across the frozen Mississippi River). I think this is Aiden running to show them a rock.
I didn't' notice at the time that they have matching shirts on. Maybe they should wear these outfits for engagement pics when the time comes. Just a cute candid of the two of them.
Another cute candid! It was pretty cold that day so he was trying to warm her up. We have always referred to David as "a Papa." Which is pretty much the best compliment you can get in the world from one of us kids!!
Megean and David in front of the Mississippi.
There were a couple big pieces of ice on the river bank so I thought this would make a cute picture. They aren't headed out on the river but they are at the beginning of a pretty cool journey.
Aiden just got this new jacket. It is pretty big on her but she just had to wear it. Turned out we should have brought her winter coat since it was colder in Nauvoo than Macomb.
Check out those tights!
David really wanted to go to the Gun Shop. Being his first trip to Nauvoo and the only guy, we let him go.
Funny!
So our last day together was spent. . . well. . . apart. I had to work for 6 hours but we got to go on a double date which was way fun! I am very sad to see them go but Aiden and I are going down to Kentucky in two weeks to suprise Bobby, my brother, who has gotten leave from the Navy. He doesn't read this blog so I can post that. If David and/or Megean read this I want them to know how much I enjoyed having them come visit. I hope someday to have a guest room so David doesn't have to sleep on the couch. All in good time.
P.S. Aiden did stay up till 11:30pm to see Dada!
1 comment:
what cute pictures- it looks like you had so much fun! I miss Nauvoo- such a neat city- tell meagan hi for us :)
Post a Comment