Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Building a Computer

Jason has wanted to update our current computer since before we were married. He has taken several steps toward doing that but he brought up a new idea the other day. He said he wanted to build a new, only for gaming, computer. I pretty much vetoed this right off the bat. Until we got more back on tax returns than we had planned and I could no longer use the money excuse. Now for those of you who were like me up until a couple days ago and were dazzled by the fact that someone has built their own computer- listen up! In the past few days I have realized that building a computer consists of finding the componants that fit your needs best (gameing, photo editing, program writing, education, etc) and ordering them. You buy a case and put all the things in there and that is it. Well, there is more too in than that, I could never do it. But I had this picture in my mind of having a bunch of scrap metal and tiny wires and after long hours with a soddering gun you have a computer. This is not so! I have decided I will no longer be dazzled unless somone says they have built their own computer componants.

*The above picture is not the actual computer my husband in building. But since part of the deal was that I get a digital camera (did I forget to mention I am getting something out of this too?) I will make sure to chronical his journey of building his new gaming computer. I will also make sure to get pictures of our new office area that I get to design. Ok, so I am getting alot our of this deal but it made a better story when I was the adoring wife giving her husband his dream of a gaming rig.

6 comments:

Jacob said...

"I have realized that building a computer consists of finding the componants that fit your needs best (gameing, photo editing, program writing, education, etc) and ordering them. You buy a case and put all the things in there and that is it."

SHHHHH! You'll spoil the mystique! And to think, some people make a living doing this... :)

RondaJo said...

Matt wants to build a computer too. Maybe someday I will be as nice as you are and let him. :-)

YAY for getting a digital camera. I would not survive very long without one!

Heidi said...

You are adorable. ;) I'm so excited you are getting a digital camera! At least with digital, you don't waste rolls of film on one thing as a new photographer. When I got my first little 35mm camera I used THREE rolls of film on the Lion King Parade at Disneyland. I was in elementary school, but wow... :)

MarciaAnne said...

Maybe I will build the next one in our house. Then again, maybe not.

TB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TB said...

Jessie has a good point. Although the picture of the computer looks complex, it's really not. Plug and play right? You can build a PC for so cheap nowadays. Make sure to bargain hunt online. Ambie Deals is a nice resource for finding cheap computer parts. I built my husband a gaming PC for less than $300. Boy did he like it. He still doesn't believe I built if myself. :(