I had a very up and down kinda Valetines day. I was emotional and Jason was crabby and that is never a good combination. But after our mini-date I came home and the babysitter had just put Aiden to bed. Of course she heard us come in and came out to see us. So, Jason went in to put her back into bed as I took the sitter home. I arrived home and I asked how things went. He said "I hit her with the door." I thought he was kidding 'cause he has a tendancy to make things up when he is trying to be funny. But he went on to say he was going to go in and tell her to go to bed (I do have to say I don't have a soft spoken husband who will gently encourage her to go back to bed, so I am sure he swung the door open more than just opening it). Evidently, she was standing right behind it and he hit her in the head with it. She cried so hard she threw up (not all to uncommon for Aiden but still not fun). He said he got her all cleaned up and put her back into bed.
I went in to tuck her in and what she said just cracked me up. She was lying in bed and I asked her what happened. She looked at me with a pouty face and said "I puked all over myself." I don't know if it was the way she said it or if I was just tired but it was all I could do not to bust up laughing. She went on to explain what happened just as Jason had but after each statment she would say "and I puked all over myself." I am sitting here laughing about it still. I tucked her in and she went straight to sleep.
She woke up today without a headache and no bump so it must not have been to bad. But tonight I was putting her to bed again and I went to pull up her covers. One of her blankets was missing so I asked her where her purple blanket was and she got the same pouty look on her face and said "I puked all over it!" This time I did bust out laughing so she rolled her eyes and got into bed. I know I shouldn't laugh at my adorable daughters traumatic night but if you could have seen her face you would have laughted too!
*The above picture is a face similar to the one I recieve during Aidee's rendition of the evenings events. This picture was taken after our reception June 2006, so she was almost two.*
1 comment:
Ok, she is soooooo cute! That is so funny what she said. Poor thing. I just love her red hair. She is so pretty. I bet Jason felt horrible:) Your Valetines day sounds about as good as mine. I'll have to blog about it soon.
Post a Comment