Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

This year, Mom and I had to both work on Thanksgiving so we had ours on Friday. But Thursday morning we went to our dads and had Thanksgiving Breakfast. I thought it would be just Aiden and I but we were surprised when Megean and David showed up.

It was fun to see them. It is only two weeks till their wedding. I think they are finally starting to realize how close it is. Poor Meg spent the whole trip down to Richmond in reception mode.

Aiden loves her DaDa (that is what she calls Megean if I hadn't mentioned that before).

Kelsey wore the cutest outfit to breakfast I just had to take a picture. She also made breakfast shish-kabobs (or however you spell it). They were so yummy with sausage, apples, pineapple, and squash.
This is dad and Karen working away to make our meal. All the kids were chatting and not helping, sounds alot like when we were growing up.

David, Megean, Aiden and Kelsey eating breakfast.

Gotta love being 4! Everything is so FUNNY!!

I do believe this is the first time she has eaten pumpkin pie. She was very impressed with the whipped cream I must say.

Kelsey and I. I am usually behind the camera so I had Meg take a few of me this time.

Every time Aiden is around Uncle David, she makes the poor guy play nap time. I am sure he wouldn't mind if he really got a nap but she is bossy (I have no idea where she got that from. . . ) and never lets him relax.

Megean told me not to pose and to look natural for the picture. Natural?

She caught me off guard later and got the natural she was looking for.

Kelsey had this cute idea to make turkey cookies but they were too sticky so we had to make the regular ones. It was still fun though!

Decorating with icing and sprinkles

Pretty girl!

Dad helped the girls make Ritz crackers, candy corn, kisses and caramel squares. Aiden loved them but didn't like the cracker. She would eat all the candy off the turkey and then throw away the cracker.

The finished product was too cute! It was a fun morning! I didn't get any pictures of our Thanksgiving on Friday but it was fun. After eating Megean, David and I went to see Twilight. It was my 3rd time, Megean's 2nd time and David's 1st time. Fun Fun! Then we went by Wal-Mart to get a few things and ended up getting a bunch of Christmas Shopping done. We need to get the Christmas tree up soon so I can empty my trunk!

I am very thankful for so many things in my life. I think most of all this year I am thankful for family. Aiden makes my life wonderful. I think for the last couple years I really took her for granted but all the recent craziness has really reminded what is important in life. I am also grateful for Mom and Papa, who have done nothing but take me in and help me financially and emotionally since I left Illinois. I know so many women in my position are stuck because they have no where to turn. I had a wonderful soft place to land!

I am also thankful for Megean and David, who have let me be involved in their wedding plans and who have also showed me how wonderful a relationship can be. I know they are still in the fuzzy, lovey, pre-marriage stage of love but seeing how wonderful he treats her really showed me that their are guys our there that know how to treat a lady. Also for my dad, Karen and Kelsey. It has been so fun getting to know my new sister. Really makes you have fun again getting to hang out with a 9 year old and figure our what stuff to do.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Cute hair Jessie! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Did you perm your hair? Steph

Kristin said...

Cute Thanksgiving pics! Love your "acting natural" shot - that's hilarious! And those turkey crackers are so cute! What a fun idea! Rachael eats cupcakes the same way - she eats all the frosting off, then wants another one.

Jessie said...

No perm Steph, I will have to tell you my secret when I come in tomorrow for my blonde!!! Yahoo! Wait till you see my roots, you will crack up.