I promised everyone I would blog about the Prom on Saturday but unfortunately, I came down with a bug that day. So I have been moaning and groaning and being generally pitiful for the past 2 1/2 days. Now that I am feeling a little bit human again, I thought I would fill people in. I work for a company that has houses around the community with mentally and/or physically handicapped people. I they are given 24 hour care so they don't have to end up in nursing home and such. Alot of the people are able to have jobs and enjoy getting out into the community.
Anyway, this past Saturday, I went along as an escort to one of the gentleman I worked with before I moved to Illinois. It really is a highlight of the year for the residents. They all get fancy prom dresses and tuxes, we do their hair and make-up. I walked in at 2pm and everyone was in full on Prom mode. After getting all ready for the evening they had catered fine dining and then we were off. We took two buses up to Lexington where the Prom is held.
We get into the room where the dancing happens and we had a ball. I haven't danced that much since my prom back in H.S. It was a blast!! We ended the night a bit early since we had a long trip home and everyone needed to get their evening meds. I got home and was exhausted but for sure hope to go next year again. Fun Fun times!!
This week I am done with my training and finally get to do independent shifts. Another exciting thing, is this Saturday I am throwing my adorable sister, Megean, a bridal shower. I believe this is the last stressful. . . I mean joyous. . . event that takes place before the wedding. At about 4pm on Saturday, the event will be cleaned up and over and all around Richmond a sigh of relief will be heard. Just kidding Meg!
2 comments:
HOW FUN! I would love a re-do on my prom...we never danced. We just came, took out pictures, and then left to go party. A lot of money down the drain:) You will have to post some pictures! Good Luck with the Bridal Shower. You're a good sis! Wish I could be there. Miss you guys already!
AW I want to go to the prom next year!!!! What a blessing! Steph
Post a Comment