Sunday, November 9, 2008

Aiden's First Primary Program

Today Aiden had her first Primary Program at church. She has had a bit of a cough and runny nose but I didn't think it was bad enough to make her stay home. We got there a bit late (which I hate) so all the kids were already up there. Luckily, one of the little girls in her class was headed up there and up she went. I was shocked at how quiet they all were since they were up there through the passing of the Sacrament.
Their first song was I am a Child of God. Aiden knew almost all the words since we had been practicing in the car. After that she had to go potty so she came down and I was really worried she wouldn't go back up. After a quick break, I got her a tissue and she headed back up. Little did I know that the tissue would be so fun for her. The only thing I saw the rest of the program was her wiping her nose THE WHOLE TIME. She was singing but you couldn't tell because she kept wiping and wiping and wiping! Then someone gave her another one, so she was going at it with both hands. It was hysterical!!
I was very proud of her though. Just the fact that she went up there was happy for me. Her singing was just icing on the cake. She also was assigned to give the scripture in primary. My good friend Marcia will remember the last time she was asked to give a talk she said nothing. I ended up giving her primary talk. I was nervous for a recurrence of this. But she got up there and repeated what I whispered to her. I was so surprised! No one could understand her but me but everyone seemed fine with that.
She has the best teachers in the world. They are a newlywed couple that are so good with her. Brother Fulks is actually a guy from our ward that I have known for a long time. He actually babysat Aiden when I was going to school and she was about a year old. His adorable wife is so sweet and really knows how to handle Aiden's shyness. Plus, she is a dancer so Aiden feels a certain bond with her. She really wants to invite them to her dance recital in the Spring so I mentioned it to them today. They seemed really excited! I couldn't ask for a better couple to help Aiden grow strong in the gospel.

4 comments:

MarciaAnne said...

I'm so proud of her for giving her scripture. And way to go, using the tissue instead of her fingers!

Anonymous said...

That's sooo funny and cute. My brother Dathan was shooshing another boy the whole time, his first year, and the other boy finally yelled out to his mom, "Mommy, he's Shhhshshing me". They are all cute. And amaze us all with their spunk and enthusiasm for the gospel teachings. I love being in Primary, never thought I would, but would have a real hard time going to Relief Society now.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's just my computer, but it looks like yellow on white and it's hard to read, just thought I'd mention, becaues this is the first time I've stopped by
-Claudia

Jessie said...

It has a maroon background with yellow words. The background may not have had time to start up so it would look white. Hope next time you stop by it is better!