Visitor from the West!
To kick off our 3 day Halloween Extravaganza our dear dear friend Amanda came to visit. I have always thought of Amanda as a sister. She was the first one to bleach my hair, the first person to nurse me through surgery while I was away to BYU, and also the first person who knew I was pregnant with Aiden. She really has been there for me alot more than even she realizes. She is one of my big role models and I hadn't been able to see her since Jan. 2004. It was a short visit but I am officially planning a trip to Utah May 2009 so I will bum it at her house. Yahoo!!
I like to claim she came to see me but it was really becasue her brother and his wife just had their first baby (the 20th grandchild, I believe, in his family). But we are glad we got to steal her away for a few hours.
Pumpkin Patch
Every year we go to a little pumpkin patch by our house and pick pumpkins. This year we had really wanted to go up to our good friends pumpkin patch at They Kelley Farm. But with wedding stuff and meg moving we didn't have time. So we made a last minute run to Baldwin Farm and had a blast!
Megean getting an assortment of gords and pumpkins for her new house.
Dada and Aiden hanging out. Megean is moving into her new house this week and Aiden is a bit clingy at the thought of not having her close by.
School Halloween Day
We got to school early so there were only 3 others there but I wanted to get pictures anyway. Ofcourse Aiden did the "I am so shy" routine and wouldn't smile. Anyone out there with an outgoing kid who just feels so exhausted by it, try having one that won't talk. It is no joy either! I mean, she is my joy but it isn't a joy trying to get her to talk. . . you know what I mean.
One of the boys asked me why I had black nail polish on and I said because I was going to be the Wicked Witch and they all pretended to be scared and hide together. Funny!!
After school we went to my dad's office so they could see Aiden in her costume. They did Willy Wanka, so dad was Willy Wanka and Karen was an Oompa Loompa. I didn't get a picture but I heard the my step-sister Kelsey was a spider queen.
Smile with new pumpkin.
Aiden helped with the seed scoop only for the picture and then she went straight over to the sink and washed her hands. Little to goowy for her taste. We actually dried some seeds for our garden in the spring and roasted the rest. I don't care much for them but I know my family loves them.
Aiden drew on the face and I cut it out. For a few weeks mom had been wanting to buy one of those pumpkin carving kits. I kept telling her that Aiden was 4 and we could just use a knife to cut out a smiley face. The only people who need those are the ones who want to do haunted houses and cats and such. Well I would have given a good amount of money for one. Mom thought I had let Aiden cut out the face, that is how poorly I did it with a kitchen knife. Note to self: get $2 kit next year and don't be stubborn!
Megean and David. They were supposed to be the tin man and the cowardly lion but they pooped out on us. Maybe next year!
Aiden eating her chili and cornbread dinner.
My little Dorothy. She was one of three at trunk or treating this year.
Dorothy and the Wicked Witch make friends. Aiden wouldn't let me do green makeup (too scary) so I did green eye shadow. Unfortunatly, by the end of the night it looked like I had black eyes.
This is me trying to take a cute picture in my costume. Perhaps I sould have done it in a clean room at the beginning of the night. Instead of in a messy room when I was exhausted. Well, better luck next year. (I am wearing a witches had but it looks like an extention of the curtains, oops)
Carving the Pumpkin
This year we waited until the day of Trunk-or-Treating (day after halloween) to carve the pumpkin. Partly because I was tired the day before and partly because she didn't get excited about it till that day.
Trunk-or-Treat
Every year our church does Trunk-or-Treat. It always starts with a big chili cookoff then there are games and spook rooms and we end it all with Trunk-or-Treating. It is really the best, especially since I only have one young child. Everyone just parks their car in the parking lot and the kids go from trunk to trunk getting their treats. Really fun and you don't have to worry about what candy they will get. I am sure, not to long from now, she will want to go trick-or-treating as well. But for now I enjoy the one stop entertainment.
2 comments:
Looks like a blast! You and Aiden look terrific. Aiden's carved pumpkin is adorable.
Such cute pictures! You guys had a buys busy Halloween. Aiden is adorable in her Dorothy dress.
We went to Baldwin Farms, too, and had a great time!
Post a Comment