
I always hate saying my New Years Resolutions out loud since I usually abandon them in a few months (or weeks) after I have made them. But I thought, perhaps, if I let others know it would give me the motivation to actually accomplish them. First, is the read the Book of Mormon the whole way through. I have to admit I have never done this before. I am hoping to go through the temple this spring/summer and thought it might be a good thing to do.
Secondly, is the goal that I would say 85% of women make every year- I want to lose weight. I know I am not as small as I used to be but I never actually made an effort to lose the baby weight and now that she is 3 it might be time. Actually, I went to my dad's house for Christmas and he took some pictures. Then he hooked his digital camera up to the 52 inch plasma flat screen and I tell ya, I was huge!
Another big reason is because, although nothing is official, I think Bobby and Megean will be getting married this year. An while the pictures won't be about me, I don't want people to say "Look how beautiful they are! Wow, who is that fat girl in the back." So I hope to lose 1/2 of what I am wanting before the weddings and my ultimate goal is to weigh less than my husband by the end of the year. I told Jason that he could help me with this by gaining 30 lbs and we could meet in the middle. He laughed and said that wasn't a good idea. So I guess I am in this by myself. HaHa! I'll keep you posted!
4 comments:
When are you going through the temple? I am so happy for you. I wish I lived close enough to experience that with you. Lindsay and I are coming out to Ky in April I think and are staying with Nate. I wish you lived in KY still, I want to see ya:(
I hear ya on the baby weight goal. This is the summer I will get in a bathing suit. I can feel it:) (That's my positive side speaking).
You must update me on the whole wedding thing this year. I want details!!! Miss ya
Good luck, those sound like great goals. I want to hear updates along the way!
I am not sure when I am going through the temple but it will be before Aug. when Meg is getting married. There is no ring yet but they have a date so that is awesome!! Bobby and his girl don't have a ring yet but they are thinking Sept. so it will be a busy few months. I wish you were close enough too. If you find yourself in need of a trip to Nauvoo, let me know and we can get together! I am totally bummed I will miss you in KY. That would be so rad!!
How exciting about all the wedding stuff. Your Mom is going to be busy! Keep me up on all the temple preperations for you...exciting!
About the school stuff with Aiden a comment you left on my blog). I wouldn't worry so much. There are certain requirements that they have for Kindergarten. You can get that by calling the school, but even if they are not completely up to pare, she can still go. I think she will be fine. William loves to write and learn, Thomas on the other hand, it’s a good thing he got accepted to preschool through the government with a speech delay because he has no attention span and I couldn't afford to send him more than one year. As long as she knows her ABC's (wither she says them or sings them clearly) is really important. Also if she can count to 20, say and spell her name she should be fine. A lot of social skill (which are important) my kids learned were from Primary. We hardly do playdates much. As long as she is developing well, she'll be fine. I went and bought preschool books at wal-mart in the toy and book section and started with them. I wouldn't stress over it too much yet. It just crazy how much pressure parents put on them selves out here to have their kids in school so early.
Post a Comment