It is midnight and, while I am a night owl, I should be asleep. But since moving into our new apartment we have gotten several nights of doorbell ditching. For those of you wondering what I am talking about, it is also referred to as a Knock and Run or something of the sort. It is when a group of bored, usually H.S. age kids come to your door in the late evening/early morning, ring your door bell and run.
I have to admit, the first time it happened I was scared out of my mind. It was very late and Jason had already gone to bed. The door bell rang and I popped up to answer it and then just stood at the door. Jason eventually came out and asked why I didn't answer it. I just had visions of someone pushing their way into my home and taking my daughter. Jason looked outside and no one was there so we concluded it was just stupid kids.
It has happened several more times since then and the only reason I am not very upset about it is because it has yet to wake up Aiden. So the things that comfort me are:
1) If it was someone we knew they would have our phone number and call about the emergency.
2) If it was an emergency and the person did not have our number (ex: fire in another apartment) they would ring again or knock on the door.
3) There aren't that many crazed, kidnapping maniacs that want to come in and kidnap my daughter that they would keep trying for several weeks.
So, I end this feeling releived and only slightly annoyed that this keeps happening. But mostly tired and ready for bed.
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment