Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Would you like a hot apple pie with that?

This past Sunday was my 24th birthday. It is the first time that my age sounded like an adult and not a kid. YIKES! It is also one of the few birthdays that I have been away from my family/mom. It was hard I must admit. Our family always made a big deal out of birthdays. We got our favorite meal and we decorated the house with streamers. But the best was we had to be nice to the birthday person. It was hard sometimes but it was a nice rule when your birthday rolled around. The above picture is of the apple pie my Mother-in-law made from scratch for my "birthday cake." I didn't have the heart to tell her I don't like pie. My Mom, Megean, and Bobby all called that morning to wish me Happy Birthday, which only made me miss them more. I am sure it will get easier. . . I hope.

Tiger claiming my gift as his own. The gift was actually a facial steamer so it wouldn't have done him much good anyway.



My mother-in-law asked me what I wanted to have for my birthday dinner. Well I couldn't think of anything but what my mom makes, so I just told her to make whatever she wanted. This is a picture of the macaroni salad. It is the first macaroni salad I have had with olives and tuna. But it was good

This is a picture of the potato salad and the cheese filled brawts.

Mee-maw and Aiden make Mommy an apple pie for her "birthday cake."

2 comments:

MarciaAnne said...

Now I know where to send him when Jacob says, "Woman, get in the kitchen and make me some pie!"

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Aiden is so cute. I love her hair color! I know exactly how you are feeling when hoiday's and your b-day comes around. After a few years of marriage I thought it would be come easier.....it doesn't. I actually think it makes it harder when you celebrate with inlaws then with just your little family. It's nice to have them close by and love your children, but it's not the same as your own family. Mark is still trying to graspe that concept, lol! Hope you have a good one and don't feel too old, I'd give anything to be 24 again!