Every afternoon I baby sit for a lady in our ward. I pick up her 3 year old daughter from the bus stop and watch her until she gets home from work. So Aiden and I walk several blocks to the bus stop everyday. I try to make these walks educational by working on colors of houses or cars, counting things, stuff like that. Yesterday, she saw an American flag and said "oh! look red, white and blue Mommy!" I said "Yes Aiden, that is the American flag." She turned around in her stroller and said "Yeah Mom, I know." Well, I about cracked up!! The way she said it was like: Please mom, I am three. What three year old doesn't know that?
One more funny thing that I just had to share. Her usual bed routine is going to the bathroom, brushing teeth, then prayers, we read a book, sing a song and then kisses. But sometimes if I have had a long day we will skip the book. I know it is terrible but I am sure others have those days. Last night she was cleaning up some toys and said "Mommy I want you to read me the Jasmine book. Unless you are too tired then we can just sing songs and give kisses. That would be ok too." I felt like the worst mom! I didn't realize I was tired often enough for her to know why we skipped the book that night. Needless to say she got two books that night.
7 years ago
2 comments:
How sweat! She's a smart little thing. I love her sassyness! My kids are lucky if they get a book once a week and it's usally not at night time. Shhhh, don't tell anyone:D
About the video games...Thomas started when he was about 3 and a half. Mark got him a Lego Star Wars Game and he took right to it. Mark had to play with him for the first few weeks but then he caught on and he could play it while Mark was at work. I was no help:D William though struggles in that area and can't seem to be as quick as Thomas so he is never interested. There are so many little kid games for her to try. Go and check out the ones that are used or on sale, that's where we get most of Thomas'.
Post a Comment