
I know that everyone still remembers September 11th and the emotions they felt on that day. But I wanted to take a second and share with the blogging world a bit of what happened to me. My senior year of HS as we got out of 1st block and went to 2nd we noticed that all the tv's were on in the classrooms. Ofcourse we all know what was happening on tv. The whole day was rush of emotions. I went to a semi-public school so we didn't have busses. We also lived within miles of the Army Depot where a large amount of chemical weapons are stored. Our local news announced that we were suspected to be 4th on the list to be attacked because of that fact. First, the twin towers. Second, the pentagon. Third, the White House and Fourth us! As we saw the pentagon hit and then the crashed plane that was on its way to the white house we watched in terror.
We had a school assembly telling us if there was an attack to make sure we got our siblings and headed North West as quickly as we could. For weeks we were on red alert. Living in fear that we were next. Every set of siblings (our school was K-12) had a meeting place so we knew where to find each other. We kept a full tank of gas in our car so we could just DRIVE.
Now that it is 6 years later, I still get terrified on this date. I really hits me hard, remembering the emotions of that day. I will never forget!
2 comments:
Wow, Jessie, I had no idea Ky was a threat!!! How scary! I bet it does hit close to home on the anniversary.
Thanks for the e-mail yesterday and the great advice. I needed it and hopefully everything will turn out ok. Miss ya!
Good post.
Post a Comment