Aiden and I now share the master bedroom at my grandpa's house. She goes to bed at 8pm and then I come in usually around 11pm. I am not sure what she does sometimes while I think she is going to bed but sometimes I find the room in a different manner than when I put her to bed. It is never messy but things have been moved.
Last night I walked in and she was sound asleep. I continued into the bathroom and found an odd site. First off, her little pink chair was in front of the shower door. Then I noticed that there were little piles of wet, glittery toilet paper around the sink. Also, a soaked pair of her underwear hanging on the towel bar and a wet washcloth on the floor. Plus, the counter around the sink had water and glitter all over it.
I was perplexed at what type of shenanigans she was up too. I went in and told Megean all about it and we both laughed. We thought she might have put on too much lip gloss and had been trying to wipe it off. This morning she got up and I asked her what she was doing. She explained that her prayer rock had some dirty spots so she tried to clean it with toilet paper but it got too dirty. Then she tried using a washcloth, that worked but then she didn't have anymore towels to clean up the water on the sink. So she got a pair of underwear and they didn't work so she hung them up and went to bed.
I was perplexed at what type of shenanigans she was up too. I went in and told Megean all about it and we both laughed. We thought she might have put on too much lip gloss and had been trying to wipe it off. This morning she got up and I asked her what she was doing. She explained that her prayer rock had some dirty spots so she tried to clean it with toilet paper but it got too dirty. Then she tried using a washcloth, that worked but then she didn't have anymore towels to clean up the water on the sink. So she got a pair of underwear and they didn't work so she hung them up and went to bed.
There are so many questions I could ask about the whole night and what makes her some up with these things but I won't. I will just accept the explanation and be glad the bathroom wasn't flooded. I always say she has personality coming out of her ears but I guess she has more creativity than I knew also.
5 comments:
What a funny story!
Ha ha ha! Aren't four year olds great?!?
I am literally laughing out loud. I miss Aiden. She always has the best things to say. And I would love to know how her mind works.
Hey Jessie,
Marcia told me that if I read your blog, to tell you "Hey!" I am missing our random contacts throughout the weeks. You know, the "Hey!" at Walmart, or at Church. Aiden is hilarious! I love that it was the prayer rock causing the issue. Those dang prayer rocks! Hope all is well! - Kami McKane
What a smart and funny girl!
Post a Comment