Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pre-school Update

I wanted to write a little bit and tell everyone about how Aiden is doing in pre-school. She loves it!! The main reason I wanted to put her in there is so she could get used to socializing with other kids. I think her biggest adjustment is nap time. She hasn't done naps at our house four about 2 months so it was really hard for her to get into that routine. Some days Aiden does fine and some days she does terrible but it is only at nap time. She is getting better at her letters. Every week they pick a new letter to learn about. Her first week was A and this happened to be the one letter she knew and could write. This week is F which she isn't so familiar with but she didn't need help tracing it yesterday so that is progress.
Also, she says she has a boyfriend. My sister Megean is one of her teachers and I think the kids hear Meg talking about getting married so they all decided they were going to marry each other. The first day of school "Boy 1" and "Girl 1" wanted to get married. Then yesterday Aiden said she and "Boy 1" were boyfriend/girlfriend. I asked her, what about "Girl 1". She told me "Oh, she likes "Boy 2" now." I guess she saw an opening and took it. I know it is just a game at this age but to be on the safe side I had a little talk with her about what a boyfriend was in pre-school. I made sure she knew that kissing was gross and she could sit by him at lunch and maybe hold his hand at play time but that was it. She seemed to be on the same page so that is good.
Lastly, I just had to share a little video of Aiden performing a song she learned at school. I am sorry if the video is unsteady. It was so funny that it was hard for me not to laugh. She is just precious but because she is so shy alot of people don't get to see that side of her. Enjoy!
P.S. She is in her strawberry swimsuit for the video. She went to bed like a big girl so she got to play in the pool that evening. But after watching the video it looked like she was in a low cut tank top.



3 comments:

RondaJo said...

Thanks for the update. Aiden is so stinkin' cute. Gavyn saw the video and said "That's my friend!" And then watched and smiled.

MarciaAnne said...

That is a great video! I am glad her blizzard is getting better. We better not tell Gavyn that she has a boyfriend, it might make him sad. Her swimsuit is really cute, I must say I find it ironic that she is wearing a fruit she can not eat....

MarciaAnne said...

After thought: she hasn't played the night night game with the new boy has she?