Today was Aiden's first day of pre-school. It is actually a day care center where my sister works but most of Aiden's friends are in pre-school so that is what we call it. I know it is only pre-school but I can't believe how grown up she is. For so long she has been with me (or a family member) every day, all day. Now she is going to be in someone elses care for the majority of the day. The biggest reason we wanted her to be in this class is so she can get some socialization before kindergarten. She is painfully shy and I want her to get more used to being around kids before she is in a situation where she needs to learn and can't focus.
I know it is the best thing for her but it makes me so grateful for the past 4 years of staying home with her. It feels like the end of such a special time in our lives. Now she will be in school for the next 13 some odd years and it seems like my time is over. Even though she will be out of school in the summers, chances are I will be working so I will miss out on that also. This is a time for our relationship to grown and change but we have alot of changing going on in our lives so it can get overwhelming.
Very rarely do I have to wake Aiden up in the morning. She is my little alarm clock and we just sleep until she gets up. But now we have to get up at 7:15am to be out the door by 7:45. She did very well. This picture is of her "oh so nutritious" breakfast of pop tarts. I knew she was excited so I wanted to do something fun so she would actually eat. Turns out she was too excited for pop tarts and only took a few bites.
This is Aiden in her new school clothes. She picked them all out herself and I thought the pants would be way too big on her. They were 4/5 in little girls but they looked about 4 inches too long. Turns out we didn't even need to roll them.
Aiden HATES to have her hair up. She likes to have it down and not tucked behind her ears. Somehow I talked her into a pony tail and a matching bow for her first day. Hopefully when I get there to pick her up it will still be in. You can also see her little princess lunch box that she just had to have but it is so dang small we had to pack her salad in a whole other container. She was supposed to where sneakers with this outfit but she got a big owie on her toe so we had to do sandals so they didn't rub.
Cute little pose to show how full her backpack is. It wasn't heavy at all since all it had was a change of clothes, blanket and teddy bear for nap time. I was hoping to get a photo of her with her teacher but she was not having it. Maybe she will be up for it when I pick her up.

This is a picture of Aiden's blister. My papa built a brick oven outside and they were baking bread. Papa told Aiden not to touch the coals since they were hot and of course, being the obedient girl she is, put out her finger and touched it. She wasn't happy but after a good nights sleep she was feeling much better and the blister doesn't seem to hurt her at all.
3 comments:
Aiden is so cute. That first day of school is tuff. I am sure Aiden will have so much fun. I hope all is well.
Aiden looks so grown up and cute!
Hope you are doing well.
She is so big! I am glad she is liking preschool. I hope work is going good for you. perhaps I will catch you online later.
Post a Comment