Sunday, October 21, 2007

To correct or not to correct?


This past week Jason has been helping out alot since I have been really tired out from my terrible allergies. So the other morning I was still in bed and I heard him putting away the dishes. I thought how sweet that was for him to do it without being asked. How lucky am I? That evening I was getting ready to make dinner and I was having a hard time finding my pots. I could not figure out how they got put in the wrong cabinet. Then it dawned on me. . . Jason! For a few days I have been wondering if I should go ahead and tell him where they go or just let it go since he is making such an effort to help out without being asked.
Today in Relief Society we had a wonderful lesson about the Women of the Church. The sister teaching told of the exact same experience. She and her husband have been married closer to 20 years so it was encouraging to know that other women are facing similar dilemmas. She said there was no way she was going to correct his placement. So I got my answer. I will go ahead and accept the advice and continue to hunt for my dishes. It is just so funny the things that mean allot after you are married. He may not send me flowers but he does so many other things to help me out I feel so grateful too have him in my life!

2 comments:

MarciaAnne said...

Good choice, especially if you want it to ever happen again.

Anonymous said...

First of all he is a handsome man Jess!!!!

I have sat and wondered that same thing. Mark just put away my dishes about three days ago and I am still sorting my silver wear back into it's own compartments. My situation is that Mark just puts the dishes anywhere he can find room and then he literelaly drops my silver wear in the droor, UGGGGGG, doesn't he know that they all have their own special place? And the vacuuming......oh the vacuuming. He just walks forward with the vacuum and doesn't pull back and make those nice neat lines. I have finally learned also to just appriciate the little work he does around the house and just smile. He once put me in my place by telling me I had become the "Nagging Wife" that evey guys dreads. That was my reality check:)