I mentioned at the end of my last post that I would possibly be going out with Dean Martin in the near future. I was right!! On Friday night I had a double date. We all met at a Fazolis in Lexington then all rode over to the Lexington Legends game together. It was fun but mostly because we got to chat a bit, the game was pretty slow. But in a effort for full disclosure, I did get really excited since it was pretty noisy. So, when he wanted to say something to just me then he would have to lean over which meant our arms touched!! Yes, I am 25 and that still made my little heart jump.
After a quick trip to Dairy Queen for ice cream, we were headed back to Fazolis to get cars and part ways. We pull into the parking lot and my car was gone. It wasn't there at all. At this point I am for sure it is stolen and I got into shock. No really, I couldn't speak at all. But Sara and Dean Martin spring into action. He went in to check and see if I was towed and Sara starts calling to get the number of the tow companies. Dean would then call the tow company and see if they had my car. I was still sitting mouth agape trying not to cry. We found it an were off to get it. To make a pretty long night into a shorter story, we got my car but not after I had embarrassed myself by crying in front of everyone. It was a super long night and the next day Sara came with me (we kinda tend to be joined at the hip) to Meg's 21st surprise b-day party.
To top off an already long weekend, I started singles branch this Sunday. So I went to my ward from 9-12 with Aiden and my new class of Sunbeams then headed up for singles from 1-4. It was a super long day. I am not sure who exactly reads this but I must say that Singles Branch is kinda boring. It is so dang quiet! I swear, my arm popped during the passing of the Sacrament and it echoed through the chapel. But Dean Martin attends so I will give it a try. I want to clarify that I am not staying active for a boy, I am just subjecting myself to a very long, second dose of church every week for a boy. Not as bad.
I again got to sit by him in Sunday School. We (Sara and I) had a sneaky suspicion that our sudden appearance and sitting by Dean would cause a bit of a stir with all the girls that had been there a long time. We were right! I am not sure if it is because they fancy him and wanted to sit where I was or if it was just the fact that it was my first Sunday and I was already sitting by a boy and they had been there ___ many years and weren't. Either way, it was an interesting experience.
Sorry this is so wordy but I just wanted to fill everyone in on my "exciting life." I would've been glad for a little less excitement this past weekend.
7 years ago
3 comments:
Thank you for the update I have been waiting for! I am so glad you had an eventful weekend (even though you weren't with the whole car thing. I agree with the whole singles ward branch. It was boring when I was there, lol. I guess when you have kids you get used to the noise.
Sounds like a fun weekend, all except for the car disappearing.
My suspicion would be the girls were looking at you because 'dean' hasn't really had a serious girlfriend ever...not because he can't...he just hasn't. He's a great guy (or at least the guy i am thinking you are talking about).
Glad to know you are going to the singles branch...it definitely grows on you once you get to know everyone.
Looks like my code names aren't working as well as they should. I suppose he is a one of a kind guy that certain details would give it him away. But I'm gonna give singles a fair shot this time. Last time I went once and that was it.
Post a Comment