I haven't blogged in a while because my adorable brother, Bobby, was in town. He is in the Navy and stationed in Pennsylvania. He is able to come home twice a year. Once over the holidays (usually New Years) and once in April (for his birthday). We have made it a little tradition that when he comes up in April we do something as a family. Last year we went and spent the day at the zoo. This year, we planned a trip to Natural Bridge.
Wednesday he headed up to Morehead to spend the night with Megean and David. Then on Thursday he brought Megean back up here since she had Good Friday off. Friday Megean picked up Aiden from school and they were in the hallway for the Tornado Warnings. I was at work in our Tornado shelter room with my 6 month-1 year olds. It was crazy and busy but we were really bummed because our Natural Bridge trip didn't seem to be shaping up.
Saturday morning rolled around and the weather looked great for Natural Bridge. When we got there it was decided that the boys would hike up and the girls would take the Sky Lift. Now Megean and I assumed that when we got up there, we would hike around for about an hour then meet the boys and hike some more. Well, Mom got up there and was so worried that we wouldn't be able to find the guys that she made us just wait. So myself, Megean, Aiden and Mom all sat on top of Natural Bridge for an hour and 10 mins waiting for the boys.
By this time I was pretty bored and annoyed. I came to hike and I had gone about 200 yards on foot. But when we met up with the boys (and my 84 year old grandfather who hiked up) I thought we were ready to begin our hike. I WAS WRONG! We took the Sky Lift back down, stopped at the gift shop and left. No hiking for Jessie. Aiden and I have a hiking trip coming up in June with some friends in Utah, so I was hoping to get her a little used to it. But not this trip. Since it is only an hour away, Aiden and I will be going back up sometime with Megean and David to do some real hiking.
We got home and I was supposed to head out to a party with some friends but totally forgot. Easter morning I got up and make chocolate chip pancakes and homemade buttermilk syrup. We all went to church and Aiden and I wore matching outfits. I do this every year. This year was white skirts and purple shirts. It was way cute! I had Bobby take a picture but I didn't look great in them so I didn't post them. You will all just have to picture the cuteness in your minds : )
After church we headed over to my Dad's house for an Easter egg hunt and BBQ. So much fun!! It is always nice to spend time with family and just enjoy the nice weather. I still can't believe we were blessed with such an amazing weekend. Friday we had tornadoes and severe thunderstorms. Saturday and Sunday were picture perfect and today we are back to rain and tornadoes. I love spring and all it brings!!
I made a slide show with our pictures from Bobby's trip. Take a look!!
1 comment:
I'm glad you guys all had such a great time, I'm sad that I missed it! Maybe I'll get to come see you guys sometime when it's not winter. I miss everyone so much. I hope bobby gave out all the hugs I asked him too. I hope all is well, and I finally am giving you the link to my blog. Lol, don't judge me too much from it, I don't really let many people read it. Love you!
Post a Comment