I love holidays! I have to say I try to get pretty into each of them. Between decorations and gifts to cards and phone calls, I really make an effort to make each one special. I just counted and I have 26 names on my birthday/anniversary card list and that doesn't include the cards we send out for Christmas, Mother's Day and Father's Day. Despite all this, there is only special day that I don't get into. . . Our anniversary.
Today is our 2nd wedding anniversary and we have absolutely nothing planned. Part of that is because Jason hates celebrating holidays or special occasions. So usually it is like pulling teeth to get something organized. He refused to be in Christmas card pictures, didn't see the need for a Thanksgiving turkey and tried to talk me out of putting up a Christmas tree. He is crazy! So I think that I just don't feel like planning and begging to do something on a day that is supposed to landmark our love and commitment for each other.
The other reason I don't like our anniversary is because on our 1st anniversary I did try to get into it. I spent days trying to plan what we could do on a limited budget and find a sitter and so forth. Then Jason vetoed everything but dinner and a movie. We had decided to go to Peoria (a bigger town about 2 hours from where we live) and go to Olive Garden and see a movie. Well, we had terrible directions and we fought the entire day. I brought my camera to kinda chronicle the trip. Again, Jason refused to take a picture with me. We found the worst movie theatre ever with rude staff, dirty facilities, and a screen that was about 10 feet X 10 feet. It was one of the worst dates we had ever been on. Then we pulled up to Olive Garden (after another hour of fighting over where to go) and behind it is a deluxe 16 screen theatre with brand new stadium seating and the works. To top it all off, the waiter forgot to bring my dessert. And we all know you don't mess with a ladies dessert!
Anyway, I just had to mention that we have been married 2 years today and we are still very much in love and looking forward to many more years together. But there will be no pictures of fun surprises that my husband planned for me, there will be no cute stories of special meals I cooked for him or hints at a romantic evening after we put Aiden to bed. But just too prove I am not a Scrooge and that I completely love my hubby I will post some pictures from our wedding (not sure if I have blogged these before or not).
I surprised Jason by having the Imperial March from Star Wars played as we walked back down the isle.

Us in the receiving line just after hugging everyone.

Cutting the cake

He wouldn't let go of my finger. He thought it was so funny!
This is actually one of the last pictures taken that day. If you look in the background the tables are all getting cleaned up. It was so hot that day that no one really stayed longer than 45 mins. Then the horse and carriage was about 2 hours late. So Jason and I were there with a couple of our wedding party for a long time.
Kisses! This is our wedding party. (From L-R) Eric Cowart, Jamie Hill (Jason's older sister), Jennylyn Lanier (Jason's younger sister), Megean Boardman (my sister), Jason and I, Donny Moon, Brad Barclay, Jacob Thurman, Eric Hill (all friends of Jason).
I also wanted to give a shout out to the couple that shares our anniversary. Mark and Amanda are some of my favorite people in the world and I really miss living in Utah so I could see them all the time. Amanda is the big sister I never had and has been with me through some of the hardest times in my life. I hope their day is fabulous and magical and that they have recovered from their family reunion enough to enjoy this special day. (Yes, I am the dork that scrapbooked the pictures from their wedding. I was 16 so don't judge the quality to harshly. I have admitted before I am not a scrapbooker.)



3 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! I'm sorry last year wasn't much fun. I hope you have a good day even if you don't do anything special.
Happy Anniversary!
Thank goodness it only took you one year to figure out that not celebrating is exactly what Jason wants. It took me about 10 years to figure out my husband absolutely hates any kind of surprise. So no more surprise parties or vacations, and we have been very happy ever since.
Buy yourself some flowers and have a good day!
Happy Anniversary to you guys! You are such a beautiful couple! Some years have been celebrated big on our end and others go on like an ordinary day. I hear ya on the pulling teeth thing to get the man to do something. I told Mark ahead of time that I was going to buy me something special for our anniversary. He seemed a little too happy about not having to do anything. MEN? How awesome is that..that we share the same day? I got your card and it made me smile soooo big! Thank you so much. Mark appriciated it too. You have always been so kind and thoughtful. I wish you were out here so we could hang out again and celebrate together. I loved seeing those pictures. That's so sweet you scrapped it back in the days. Sure miss you guys!
Post a Comment