Friday, June 20, 2008

Stop Calling Us!!

Ok, this is probably not interesting to anyone but I have been so annoyed by it all that I have to blog. So Jason and I are meticulous about paying our bills on time. We have never had a payment late in our marriage. Well, I sent off the car payment for May on the same day I always do. About a week after it was due it still hadnt' cleared at the bank so I call the bank we have our car loan through and wanted to check and see if they had gotten it and just hadn't processed it yet. They said they hadn't recieved it, that it was probably lost in the mail and suggested that I do a stop payment on that check and send another.
I had never done a stop payment so I went into our bank and it costs $15 dollars to do a stop payment. Ok, so I get that taken care of and send off another check for the car payment. Then the calls begin! Jason has gotten calls everyday and we have recieved 3 letters in the mail letting us know our payment is late. WE KNOW!! We thought about doing an on-line payment just to get it there (we pay alot of bills on-line but hadn't switched this one to on-line payment because there was a fee). We checked and it would be another $12 to make a payment on-line. So for anyone that is keeping track that is $15 for the stop payment, $12 for the late fee on the payment and a potential other $12 for the on-line payment. Jason and I decided to just let them wait till the check comes.
They just keep calling and calling. I understand that it is there job to ensure that we make payments but this is the first time it has been late- EVER! It isn't late because we didnt' pay it, it isn't late because we forgot and sent it in late, it isn't even late because we didn't have the money to pay it. But they don't care about that. On our very first late payment offense they are on us like bees on honey. Geesh!!

No comments: