Saturday, June 14, 2008

Learning how to breathe


I have been jogging the past couple weeks. I am trying to work up to being able to do a triathlon. I have a LONG way to go but I am enjoying the challenge. I actually find myself wanting to get out and run. In HS I was pretty active and played soccer all 4 years. Sprinting was always my strong place with distance being a very big challenge. I remember to be eligible for Varsity, we would have to run a 10 min. mile. I always did just under 10 mins but I don't think I ever tried that hard. The biggest problem for me has always been breathing. I have never reached the point where my legs were too tired to carry me any further but it doesn't take much to make me feel like I have no air left.
During my "training" I have really been focusing on controlling my breathing. It really takes my mind off of the actual running. I am sure I will get the hang of everything and slowly get myself back into shape. If anyone out there is a runner and has some tips I would love to hear them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for wanting to run and then doing it...more than what I can say for myself:) I have that desire about twice a year. I feel like Forest Gump, I just want to run. I do it and then I feel like someone has ripped my lungs out. You are smart to do it the right way and work your way up.

Congrats about going back to school! I am so proud of you. You have always had a determined personality and I know that once you set your mind to something, you do it and then some. Your major sounds so fun. I would love to learn about animals. I agree with to much time and work to be a Veterinarian. My oldest sister went to school for that, but once she go married and had kids, it changed everything! This will be just right for you. Good Job Jessie!! It's time for you now!