I am almost embarrassed to tell this story on little Aiden but it is so funny if you don't think about it too much. I am sure most of you have see the Willy Wonka movies. Here they have been having commercials for the Johnny Depp version to play on the weekends and Aiden had been wanting to see it for months. So we got some popcorn and let her stay up a bit late and watch it. She really like it!Well, sometimes while I am getting dinner ready or doing laundry, I let her play outside where I can see her. She came in and asked for a drink so I got her some water and she said to me, "When we take a drink of water we need to take out our gum and put it in our ear." (She has been on a major gum kick since seeing the movie. So we got her a pack of sugar-less gum and she gets 1/2 piece a day) I tried not to laugh but asked her if she had been putting it in her ear or if she was just talking like in the Willy Wonka movie. She said she had been doing it for awhile. EWWW!!
I tried not to laugh or freak out as I explained to her that in the movie the little girl (Violet Beauregarde) put her gum BEHIND her ear not IN her ear. Also, that we couldn't do things just because we saw it in a movie, since gum in our ear would have germs on it and if we put it behind our ear it could get stuck in our hair. I think we covered all the bases and now she just keeps it on her finger when she needs a drink.
And I thought we had to worry about gum in the carpet?!
5 comments:
That is great! I have had gum in my hair and it is not fun!!!
Oh, and "Tag you are it."
hey that is so funny. It reminds me of Rhylee, he puts his m&ms, and mike and ikes in his ear until he is ready to eat them. Funny funny
That is funny!
That is SO hilarious!
Post a Comment