Since Jason and I got married we have been sleeping on hand me down mattresses. When we lived in Kentucky we had my mom and dad's old bed and when we moved up here to Illinois, we inherited his parents old mattress. I am not sure exactly how old it was or how many people had it before us but it was past its prime.
I wake up the next morning with Jason looking down on me from his inflated side of the bed. (The sleep number bed has air chambers inside instead of springs) He asked what happened. Half asleep I answered, "I am so fat I deflated the bed! It was supposed to be tested fro 1000 lbs!" Needless to say it was a bad day. The next night we switched sides and this time I was the one looking down on a deflated Jason in the morning. Two things came to mind: 1) I am not too fat for the bed! 2) Crap! We have a faulty air chamber.
We called customer service and, since the sleep number beds come with a 20 year warranty, they sent us a new air chamber. One other thing was that I had forgotten to order legs for it. You might have noticed our previous bed was on the floor. Nothing makes me feel more like a hand me down newlywed than mattress on the floor. On the other hand Jason loves the bed on the floor thing. (He is crazy!) I told him unless I am sleeping outside there is no reason to sleep on the floor.
I would highly recommend the Sleep Number bed. There are many different models to fit your budget and preferences. Plus, they have convenient monthly payments so if you are like us and can't drop a bundle on a new mattress you can still upgrade. Also, since it comes in pieces, if you are in a house/apartment where you can't get a bigger bed in your room-this would be perfect. Carry up a box and put it together in the room. OK, that is enough free advertising. I just had to share the story from the trauma of thinking I was too fat for the bed to the elation of having it all done and perfect, there ya go!
4 comments:
I'm excited for you! Although your hand-me-down bed is/was in a lot better shape than ours. Our bed came from Matt's parents and has a big tear in the mattress, it has a big dip in the middle and the box-spring is completely squashed! For a long time we had our bed down on the floor too, and I agree I feel more settled and adult with my bed up off the floor.
I've been leery about the Sleep Number beds but maybe we will have to look into one. We desperately need something new!!
So, I thought this was hilarious. When we got married, we bought a new bed. We splurged on it, for sure, but Blair just couldn't see the point in getting a bed frame to elevate it off the ground. I couldn't think of a good reason to have one except that I just wanted it off the floor, but that wasn't enough to convince him. He kept saying "We don't need to spend 100 bucks on something that is just for looks." I didn't care quite enough to push it. Then we found out we were having a baby and would need all the storage space possible. (Since baby is invading his office...) SO...I cleverly suggested that maybe it would be good to have some under-the-bed room to put things we don't need too often. SOLD! I found one at walmart for under 50 (If I had known that was possible, it would have been bought forever ago.) So after the first couple of days of having a bed off the ground, Blair says this to me: "Man Laura, why didn't we do this earlier...this is great having the bed up high!" I rolled my eyes and just laughed. I wait 2 years to find out that I could have just taken the liberty. You live...you learn. Next time I'll just do what I want. :) (Sorry that was so long...)
Hooray for a comfy bed!
Hi Jesse,
I'm Ian from Select Comfort, creators of the Sleep Number bed. I was glad to find out that you decided to purchase our product! Congratulations! Your satisfaction is very important to us. Thanks for all of your feedback. Go to www.beds.com to join the Sleep Number Conversation or view tips and testimonials from current owners along with comments from members of the Sleep Number team. We would love to have your participation in our Slumber Party blog featuring me and several of my coworkers in addition to experts from varying fields. Please call us at 800-472-7185 or email us anytime at customerservice@selectcomfort.com if you have questions about anything else related to your new bed.
Sleep well,
Ian
My Sleep Number is 60
Post a Comment