
Well, if you have read any other blogs you will know we recently moved into a new apartment. I had wanted to get a bath mat but when I really thought about- Only old people fall in the tub so we don't need one. We have been here for about 2 months and have had no incidents. Until today!
I went to get into the shower and I slipped. It wasn't a big fall (no ambulance needed) but I hit my leg pretty hard. I kinda laughed it off, reflecting on my earlier thoughts on bath mats. About 5 mins later I was washing my leg and it smarted again. I looked down and was shocked to find a big lumb and bruise from where I had hit my leg. I haven't seen a bruise appear that quickly before so I went to show Jason, who proceeded to laugh at me. If I had a camera I would proudly display my war wound.
Sadly, that did not wrap up my bath tub incidents for that day. I put Aiden into the tub this evening after Jason went to work. We washed her hair and I got some soap on a washcloth so she could wash her body, just like we always do. I usually go and fill up the sink with water for dishes while she is in there so when she gets out I can do dishes. Our apartment is small enough I can hear her very easily playing and talking on her bath tub phone. I hadn't even made it to the kitchen when I heard a hysterical scream. I was horrified!!!
She had gotten soap on her little 3 year old hand and then wiped her eye. We all know what she was feeling but for her she was having new experience. I flushed it with cool water, got her out and then we kept a cold cloth on it for a while. She was fine in about 15 mins. but let me tell you, we certainly broke in our bathroom today!
4 comments:
I think a bath mat would certainly put the tub in its place. I hope your leg feels better soon.
ahhhhh, Jessie that sucks! That is so something I would have done. I would have taken my shower curtain down with me though:) Poor Aiden. That has got to sting:(
Hey, I just discovered www.sitemeter.com IT'S FREE! You should check it out and attach it to your blog. It tracks the amount of traffic you get on it. Although, then you would find out how much I stalk your blog...oh well, check it out:)
I remember a time when I fought the tub....
Post a Comment