I know I haven't been very specific about things lately. Honestly there are alot of things overlapping in my life right now. Right when I am certain things are one way they change. It keeps me on my toes but can get exhausting. But even with all that is going on in my life right now (single mom, living at home, going to school full time, working full time, teaching Sunday School, being a friend, etc.) the thing that caused me to freak out wasn't any of those.
See, there is this guy I have been getting to know better at singles. Well, this past weekend I found out he was interested in me too. So I was pretty excited. If you've read this blog before you know that I still haven't been on a date and I've been back in Kentucky since Sept. 08. The few people I mentioned this guy too were very supportive but all made it sound so serious.
"I hope you hit it off."
"I can tell this is a good match."
"I wish he made more money to support you."
"I had the same look when I met my wife."
While I know they meant well it totally freaked me out. I suddenly started thinking about if I wanted to marry this guy (mind you, we have yet to go on a date) and what the future held. When I saw him on Sunday he sat by me and was being very nice. About 3/4 through the service, he put his arm around me. Not even around me, just on the back of the pew. I froze. My adrenaline started flowing like fight or flight was kicking in. I think part is because it has been a VERY long time since a guy has paid me attention and I didn't want to send out the "I want to marry you" signal and lead him on.
As soon as church was over I left quickly. Once I was home my dear friend Sara calmed me down and let me know that I need to just have fun. This guy probably isn't out ring shopping so there is no need for me to think about it. But for so long I have been just wanting to get married and have babies. It is engraved in me to look for a husband. It is very against my nature to just date and have fun. It is taking a concentrated effort to just chill out and go with the flow.
So, without too many details, I had to fill everyone in on my freak out. Poor guy. We will see if it scared him off.
See, there is this guy I have been getting to know better at singles. Well, this past weekend I found out he was interested in me too. So I was pretty excited. If you've read this blog before you know that I still haven't been on a date and I've been back in Kentucky since Sept. 08. The few people I mentioned this guy too were very supportive but all made it sound so serious.
"I hope you hit it off."
"I can tell this is a good match."
"I wish he made more money to support you."
"I had the same look when I met my wife."
While I know they meant well it totally freaked me out. I suddenly started thinking about if I wanted to marry this guy (mind you, we have yet to go on a date) and what the future held. When I saw him on Sunday he sat by me and was being very nice. About 3/4 through the service, he put his arm around me. Not even around me, just on the back of the pew. I froze. My adrenaline started flowing like fight or flight was kicking in. I think part is because it has been a VERY long time since a guy has paid me attention and I didn't want to send out the "I want to marry you" signal and lead him on.
As soon as church was over I left quickly. Once I was home my dear friend Sara calmed me down and let me know that I need to just have fun. This guy probably isn't out ring shopping so there is no need for me to think about it. But for so long I have been just wanting to get married and have babies. It is engraved in me to look for a husband. It is very against my nature to just date and have fun. It is taking a concentrated effort to just chill out and go with the flow.
So, without too many details, I had to fill everyone in on my freak out. Poor guy. We will see if it scared him off.
2 comments:
Just remember that you can move at your own (or his) pace you want, and that sometimes the fun is in the hunt. Even if no game is taken to the butcher's shop.
That may not be the best analogy...but I hope it makes sense.
Thanks so much Marcia!! I totally get it!
Post a Comment