Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Zaxby's VS. Raising Canes

I am a huge Zaxby's fan. The not only make my favorite salad (Zensation- try it!) but they also have the greatest fries. But people kept telling me, if I loved Zaxby's I would love Raising Canes. Since I have one on my way to school I decided to do a taste test. Here are the results:

Price:
Raising Canes wins because it costs about 50 cents less and you get a drink where as at Zaxby's you only get the meal.

Service:
It was close but Zaxby's wins. They are all very kind but Zaxby's is alot quicker service and they are more professional at the window.

Chicken:
Zaxby's chicken is a smidge smaller but wins because it is less greasy.

Fries:
Zaxby's wins hands down. Their fries have more flavor, more in quantity and just over all better.

Cole Slaw:
This is probably a person thing but Zaxby's wins again. It is just like KFC's cole slaw. Raising Canes has a more homemade feel but is to mayonnaise-ee for my taste.

Sauce:
Zaxby's wins again. Not only do you get a larger container but it also has a bit of a bite behind it where as Raising Canes is more mild.

Texas Toast:
Raising Canes takes this one with Texas toast I can't say no to. I'm not a big bread eater so I usually just throw it away but Raising Canes is so fluffy and light that I dig right in.

And the Winner is. . . ZAXBY'S with a 5-2 Victory.

I think I will stick with good old Zaxby's. I think it is worth the extra 50 cents and drinking water to get the rest of the amazing meal. Plus, they have the best onion rings ever!! And, like I mentioned before, my favorite salad.

2 comments:

David and Meg said...

Can you base this decision on one raising cane's experience? You have been to Zaxby's TONS of times, but raising cane's once. I'm sure Zaxby's has had it's off days, why not try them a few more times! I'm still not convinced. I'm on team Raising Cane's! :)

Jessie said...

I don't think my waist line can take many more taste tests of these two places. But maybe I will give a review another time :)