I know I have had alot of heavy topics on here lately. Today, sadly, is no different. But for this post I need EVERYONES opinions. I know there are several people who read this and very few that comment. Today I need all your help.
I have alot of DVDs. It is kinda my thing. I have far more than I care to admit. Lately I have been thinking of putting them all in a CD case and throwing away the cases. This seems like such a big step. I can't decide if I would enjoy the compact organization or if I would miss seeing all those titles lined up alphabetically. Please help!! Let me know what you think. Cases or no cases: that is the question!

10 comments:
NO CASES! Be free! Let them go. Just chuck them and have faith that your system will work completely. (see i posted)
I say keep the cases. Cody did this with a lot of our movies and then lost the cd case. In one swoop they were all gone just not one but tons of our movies.
Oooo....I was going to say ditch the cases and make sure you put in a list of the DVD's for quick searching, but I never thought about losing the CD case.... Space-saving wise, it seems like a great idea.
Let go of the cases...we did, and I love it! Takes up very little space and whenever anyone is having a movie night and they ask us to bring a selection of movies I can bring ALL my movies and it is not a hassle.
I dunno...if you have space for the cases, I am kinda into cases. Although, if we were talking about CDS, then I'd say lose the cases. DVDS I feel differently about.
But I'm sure in another few years, I'll probably change my mind. Who knows.
That I think is a very hard decision! I know a few people who have done that and love it! I would be too chicken to do it, but it is probably a really good idea if you have a lot of movies. And you could put them in alphabetical order in the big case you are putting all of them in... or you could just put most of them in a collection case and then the few you DO want to keep the cases of just keep them in there. I don't know if that helped any...
We are having the same dilemma, Jacob wants to toss the cases and use a cd binder, and I am hesitant to toss the cases out completely, but I do want the cd binder. I think it is the collector in me that doesnt want to toss the cases. And as you know we (I) am all for alphabetizing the dvds in the binder, but them if it were mee, I would have to reorganize them each time we got a new dvd...
Yeah Marcia, I thought of that too. I would have to leave some space at the end of each letter so I could adjust a little everytime. Thanks for all your opinions. I am still thinking about it but you all brought up some great points!! I will keep you posted.
OK.. not to blow your mind...I'll it one further...upload all the movies onto a computer and toss everything, how's that for organization.(Don't even know if that would be possible without a humongous computer:))
I like you can't decide so I'll be no help. Half of mine are caseless the other half have cases. RaNae M
Post a Comment