In we go and she is a trooper. She is identifying pictures and numbers and telling about her school. Then. . . nothing. He asks her if she can see the picture on the wall . . . nothing. He switches the picture. . . still nothing. My heart sank! He makes it a little bigger and she proclaims correctly, "its a birthday cake."
Come to find out my angel inherited my terrible vision. When I say I have terrible vision I mean that I am legally blind. Luckily, she isn't that bad off. The doctor let us know that she already has an astigmatism (as I do) but it is currently being corrected by her far-sightedness. Kids outgrow their far-sightedness with age. He says when that happens her astigmatism will take over and she will need glasses. Not the end of the world but if there was one thing she could have inherited from her biological father, why not his vision (and his musical talent!)?!
(This is Aid playing with Megean's glasses. At least she will look cute in glasses when the time comes.)
Today she had her Kindergarten screening. I was so nervous, again, because I didn't know if she would speak. But she did in tiny mousy voice she spoke. She didn't do as well as I thought she would on her letter identification but I really think she was nervous. I mean, she missed *d*. Really, she has that in her name for Pete's sake. Then they asked her to read some words. She doesn't know how to ready any words. But they gave her a sticker and she was a happy camper.
We found out that she will be in Ms. Tallbee's afternoon Kindergarten class at Kit Carson Elementary. She will ride the bus too and from school. The hardest part for me is that I work and I won't be there when she gets on or off the bus (Papa will be doing both). It breaks my heart but, as a single mom, I have no other option. She is my world! I hope in the future I get the chance to be there when she gets on and off the bus.
Sorry this is so wordy. I will put more pictures in next blog. She has her birthday party coming up and Unkie Bobo is coming into town and we are so excited. Never a dull moment when Unkie Bobo is in town!
No comments:
Post a Comment