Last Friday, Aiden graduated pre-school. They had a whole little ceremony and it was super cute. I must say it was a little hard for me. Not really because she was getting done with pre-school but because she was leaving the pre-school she had been going too since we moved back her in September. The teacher and students where such a strength to Aiden as she was sorting out some pretty tough issues. Issues that no 4 year old should have to sort out. They were such a strength to her and I will forever be grateful for them all.This Tuesday was her first day at the day care that I work at. She loves it!! She already has two best friends. And she really enjoys being able to come into my room at the end of the day (I work with babies 6 months-1year).
But the real hard part for Mommy this week was . . . Kindergarten registration. Now, I am not very sentimental. I love my daughter but I am not one that cried at her first word or took a picture of the first tooth. But for some reason, this was a big deal for me. I feel like I am handing my daughter over to them for the next 13 years. Maybe it is because she is my only baby and I am not sure if I will ever get the opportunity to have another. This may be it for me and she is officially no longer a baby. But off she will go in August, on a school bus, away from Mommy. Makes me want to tear up just thinking about it.
I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a mostly stay at home mom. I have had to work but have always been able to stay with Aiden or have her with family. Every second is so very important. I know I have a lifetime of memories to make and moments to capture but it just feels like time is moving so quickly. I am glad that I am so busy that I haven't had a chance to freak out about it all. Next weekend is her dance recital and then, just two days later, we fly out to Utah. She is so excited to see her "Utah family." And so am I! But most of all, I am thankful that we get to take some time off and just spend them together. She is the most precious blessing I have ever been given.
1 comment:
Aiden is just beyond cute in her graduation gown & cap! How fun!
I hope you guys have a fun trip to Utah!
Post a Comment