So, I use this blog as a way of updating friends and family on things going on in my life. Most of them are exciting; new jobs, fun trips, etc. But now that my divorce drama is over I will soon reenter the dating world. I am now wondering if I should include that type of information on this blog. Everyone who reads this (that I know of) is very supportive. But is it silly for me to blog about that kinda stuff? Aren't I a 25 year old mother?
This is something I have been thinking about. And while I haven't been on a date as of yet I have had interest in a certain person (Dean Martin). He is unaware of this and, for now, I would like to keep it that way (yes, I am a chicken). For that reason, I will keep him anonymous. Since I am 100% sure that several of you know him. Are you all intrigued or just annoyed at another vague post? BTW, I gave "the rest of the story" for those of you wondering about the snowflake post. I just left a comment under the post.
Anyway, last night something happened that I was super excited about. I got a hug!! Yes, to all you married ladies out there may not seem like that big of a deal. And in reality it probably wasn't in this case either. But it was my first "post divorce" hug from an amazing and handsome man. So, part of this post is to document my elation of this very unexpected hug. Another is to get your opinions. Do you think, when the time comes, mentioning dates is safe on here? Or is it something that others don't care to read about and should be strictly journal material? Let me know your opinions so I can make an informed decision.
6 comments:
This is your blog and you aren't just ‘A 25 year old mother”, your more than that. If we are reading your blog, it's because we are interested in you and ALL that comes with it, motherhood, single Mom, trials, your job, future dating chick, etc... If People are turned off by what you post, then it's their loss...they don't have to read it. I want to keep up on all that is going on with you, not just bits and pieces. I say POST AWAY JESSIE! And when it comes to Men...Don't leave anything out, lol.
Amen to Amanda. Seriously, don't leave anything out. I haven't been married so long that I forget the excitement that comes with a random smile from a cute guy or a unexpected hug from a 'handsome man'. Share away!
YES ma'am you better tell us about your dates! Assign every boy a nick name. It'll ensure some privacy for the both of you. And picking out the name should be just as fun. :)
Yes, I think you should keep us posted on EVERYTHING!! lol
Ditto! This ought to be a good chapter in your book of life, and I want to help you enjoy it.
Double ditto! We all deserve to live vicariously through you...and get to enjoy all those "firsts" all over again. I got little tingles when you mentioned the hug from Mr. Handsome Guy. Blog away lady!
Post a Comment