Thursday, March 5, 2009

The weekend from. . . well you know.

This past weekend might have been the most dramatic one in my short lifetime. Granted, to the outside world, nothing seemed to be going wrong. But for myself, it was terrible. It all started out with my mom going to pick up Aiden from school on Friday with a 104.6 fever. Yuck! I know you are thinking our next step was the emergency room. Nope! Since my mom is a nurse we very rarely go to the emergency room. She's been known to sew (or super glue) us up right here at home.
So in true Boardman fashion we gave her some chewy tylenol and let her rest and watch movies. In an hour it was down to 102 and by bedtime it was 99. We were lucky that it came down so quickly. By Saturday morning she was feeling much better but I came home from work Saturday morning not feeling good. So I got some sleep, hoping when I woke up I would feel better. But before I could went to sleep I turned on my computer to check my e-mail and it showed. . . THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!
I was too tired to deal with it them so I shut if off and went to bed. I also knew that afternoon my brother-in-law was coming and he could take a look since he is doing computers for his major. Amidst my sleep I got a text from my sister saying that David was too sick to come down and they would both be staying in Morehead- So Sad! I got up for the day feeling much worse then when I went to sleep and knew this wasn't good. I had to work in just a few hours.
I went to work in hopes that my yucks would still blow over and I plugged in my phone to charge it. No charge. I wiggled it and hit it and restarted it. No charge. So I used it until it died and settled in for a night of work. About 4am I started to think I wouldn't make it to the end of my shift. I called the Coordinator on-call and she said "sorry." So I called my mom and she called the Coordinator on-call and suddenly I had the rest of this shift and another day off. Amazing!?
The next day we stayed home from church since we knew the flu was being passed around and we didn't want to share with the whole ward. Mom went out to see if she could get me a new charger (yes, on sunday). She came home empty handed. Evidently, there is a no ship/no sell for the quick fire right now. So I had to call that crazy number and talk to a customer service person. I found out that the reason they were being recalled is because the chargers were over heating and frying the phones. Serves me right for buying it the week it comes out. My mom has always said, never buy the first model of anything- let them work the kinks out first. They were really nice and talked me through getting a new phone. He gave me some options that were in the same price point and I picked the Samsung Propel.
By Monday I was starting to feel better but very weak. Aiden was back and school and 100% better. I just slept most of the morning and went to pick up job applications. But I got a call from work asking if I could work that day. I couldn't believe after having to take two days off work that they would call me in on one of my two days off. I said no! I rested and enjoyed my day off. Then Tuesday my phone came and I love it! I actually love it more than my quickfire. Alot easier to use, bigger screen, and better features.
Then that afternoon the computer doctor showed up and took my poor computer away. Away as in to his house for further diagnostics no away like the scrap yard. But I wised up and hooked my old laptop, that hasn't been used since 2003, up to the internet and was back on-line. Sadly, I got a call from the computer doctor and he said I am in need of a new hard drive. The worst thing about this is he doesn't know if he can get any of the old data off the previous one. I told him pictures were priority but anything he could get would be great. We will see. He also said my graphics card would need replacing soon so I said just go ahead and do that now. He gave me all the information and I immediatly called Jason (my soon to be ex husband) and made sure the stuff I was getting was what I needed. He gave me the green light and I should have my computer back in about a week.
I have also decided to give my two weeks notice at work. I started there getting whatever hours I could, with the promise that as soon as they could get me Sat. and Sun. off they would. Well, it has been 5 months and I am still working those nights. Plus, they have added 3 more. I haven't been able to take Aiden to primary in 5 months! Sometimes I am able to make it for Sacrament but I am a zombie. So when other things started happening at work, I decided it wasn't worth it anymore. I need to put Aiden and the church first in my life and I feel if I do those things I will be blessed with a job that allows me to attend church and the temple regularly. People probably think I am inactive!
So that is the not so short version of my crazy last few days. I just hate that I complian so much but I am sure someday I will be glad to have all this documented. Also, if anyone made it this far, only two people signed up for my free give away. There are still 3 spots open for someone to get a homemade something from me. Yeah!

5 comments:

Laura said...

My confession: I don't want to have to promise to make something for people if I sign up, and then don't follow through on my part. We have a lot that's gotta happen this year, and I'm just lazy. :(

I'm really sorry you had a rough week. I think it's really brave of you to trust that things will work out with work. I think we talk about Faith and Works being key to our salvation, but I think a lot of people forget about the Faith part sometimes. Sometimes you do all you can and then you just have to trust that things will work out. I sure hope they do for you.

Anonymous said...

Being sick stinks! On Valentine's day I came down with pnuemonia. I woke up and felt terrible, and I called my doctor and told them my problems and they said to go to the hospital. Since I'd been sick for almost a month at this point, Bobby just called me down from the histerical, crying mess I was, and then told me I was overreacting, and I would be fine. After he went to work I took myself to the hospital, and I actually did have pnueomnia. I am FINALLY not sick. It was a long month!

I can see how it's been a rough week, at least you didn't cry. That's what I do, a lot of little things will go wrong, and then at some point, every time I new one comes along, I just cry! I'm very weepy.

I hope you have a better week, and I'm happy for you that you quit your job. So many people lose sight of what is important in life, and you're proof that some people still know what the right things are, family and religion are very important.

Jessie said...

Thanks for the support! And Claudia, I did cry. Alot! I am very weepy myself. Must be why you fit in with us so well. Go eaasy on Bobby about being rough when your sick. That is how we were raised. First time Jason was sick when we were married I told him to suck it up. He was none to happy and let me know it. I am glad you are finally better!

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW, what a crazy weekend. Hope your life is back to normal now! Nothing is worse than no computer and no phone. How does one survive? Glad everyone is feeling better.

So what are you plans when your come out to Utah? Are you going to just go with the flow? Or do you have places to go and people to see? I can't wait to see ya'll!!!!

MarciaAnne said...

Good for you Jessie! I know how it is to quit a bad job and not know what you will do next. But it is so worth it to be out of there and get on a good path! You are so talented, I am sure you will find something you can like.

Claudia, Jacob and I totally saw your "twin" the other day in Macomb!

I am with Laura in the whole I am not sure if I can commit to posting it on my blog...