
I am not sure if I blogged about this and I am feeling too lazy to look. On the 20th was my last day of my job. There were scheduling issues that I just couldn't seem to work out. It had been way to long since I was able to take Aiden to church or go myself. I decided that it was the best thing and I put in my two weeks. Being a single mom again I felt like this was a risky thing. Not only to have no job lined up but in this economy! I just had to put my faith in the fact that I was doing the right thing. I was putting my family and church first and hoped that blessing would follow.
Well, yesterday I got a call from a friend of mine who works at this daycare in town. She said they had an opening if I was interested. So, I headed down to fill out an application. What I didn't know is that my friend was in charge of hiring so I pretty much had the job already. It is such a nice place! It isn't the same day care Aiden goes too but I'm ok with that. She only has a couple months left then she'll be in Kindergarten.
I really do feel so blessed that I was able to find a job so quickly. I believe I was unemployed for about 3 days before getting the new job. Heavenly Father was surely watching over Aiden and I as we try to do the right things. I am also so grateful for the fact that I was able to stay calm during the uncertain transition. If anyone knows me well, they will know that I tend to be a bit uptight. I often feel the need to plan and be in control of situations. If I am not, I sometimes get a little crazy! But I was able to hold tight to my faith that something would turn up and not freak out the whole time. Thanks to all those who supported me in this scary decision. It was a big help. I am finally excited to go to work!
1 comment:
It continually amazes me hoe the Lord blesses us when we try to keep His commandments. I'm sure it was hard to take a leap of faith and quit but now you get to go to church AND you have another job! Congrats.
Post a Comment