Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Not for the Fellas

Ok, I debated on whether or no to post this. It is just to funny to post so any guys out there, I'm sorry if this makes you uncomfortable. Most out there know that we are moving things around in the house so Aiden can have her own room instead of sharing with me. The main reason for this is because Aiden has become quite the little night scavenger. What I mean by this is that after I put her to bed at night and go to work, she will spend hours getting into things. For example, she would get into my make-up and paint the wall with masapascara (Aiden's word for mascara). Or she would write on the vanity with my eyebrow pencil. I know this makes her sound like a terror, and that is how I felt, but she is only like that at night. I would sometimes come in an not even know where she got out the stuff she made a mess of.

After a while I had had enough and asked mom if we could make the room changes that she had suggested when we came home. She agreed and we have been hard at work, painting and moving furniture and organizing and cleaning. I really enjoy all of that but it made me forget about our little night problems for a little too long. One night I came in to go to bed and was happily surprised that there wasn't a mess waiting for me. Until walked into the bathroom and found the below picture. Lining my wall were maxi pads that she had gotten from under the sink. I couldn't help but laugh as I decided to keep them up and ask her about them the next morning. After being questioned she said "Papa, did it." Papa is my 85 year old grandfather. Geesh! But the funnier part is that I have been finding them all around still. One was under my keyboard and one behind the curtains. She has been having way too much fun. Within 2 weeks we should all be settled in our new rooms and our night scavenger will be totally shut down. Haha, victory!!

P.S. Auntie Mandy, does this remind you of a funny story you told us when you and Mark were dating? Maxi pad on the TV perhaps? haha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PAPA DID IT!
That is great....My favorite post thus far!
Steph

Anonymous said...

For some reason, at one point in both of my brother's lives, I'm at least pretty sure they both did it. They would wake up in the middle of the night, walk into the wallway, pick a corner, and pee on the wall. I'd rather find pads then find her peeing in random places! I hope everything is going well! How are you guys going to be changing the rooms around?

RondaJo said...

That cracks me up!