Part I
Aiden and I moved into this house with Mom and Papa the beginning of September 2008. We have been wanting to do some projects mostly because I am a clean freak and try my best to handle cluttered/dirty situations. But sometimes I just have to do something.
The pantry situation was out of control! It hadn't been cleaned out in about 4 years so it was piled high with things we don't eat and there was no room for things we actually do. One day I couldn't handle it anymore and I made it my project.
This is the pantry loaded back in. I was careful not to pack it full that way we have some wiggle room.
Part II
I also got ahold of the bathroom shelves. We have had these old plastic shelves in there for as long as I can remember. I know Papa is 84 years old but I was shocked at how much stuff he had in there. Yes there were some things we had doubles or triples of but for the most part it was all stuff he needed. We bought a new bathroom unit and I put it together, cleaned and stocked it.
It was so good to feel like I did something to give back after they have let Aiden and I move back in with them. We started another project and as soon as I have after pictures I will post again. Yahoo!
5 comments:
Jess, I do this at my house ALL THE TIME!!! You crack me up....It's so much more peaceful to sleep at night in an organized house! Steph
You are so amazing! When can you move into my house and help me organize it?
That is exactly how I am, I love everything clean and organized. Sometimes I let my room get a little out of control, but I do my best to keep it clean when I'm busy. I've cleaned out our closets and stuff plenty of times, my mom hates it because she thinks she uses everything, and my brothers manage to mess everything up in no time. Keep up the good work, it looks great!
Great job!
I wish I had the time and energy to do this at my house. I keep envisioning how I want everything but I can never seem to get it done. Hopefully when the weather is better Matt can take the kids out to play and give me a day (or week) to follow your lead.
Way to go on the organizing! I am working on our second bedroom since we will have visitors for a little bit...
Post a Comment