Saturday, April 19, 2008

Time Capsule

A while ago, a few of my friends blogged their High School photos and of their lives and such. I thought it was such a cute idea but at the time I didn't have a scanner and couldn't find any pictures at the time. Well, now I have found pictures and have a scanner so here is my life!

This is me when I was, I think, 4. My dad was still in the military so this on Grisom Air Force Base in Indiana. I think Aiden looks alot like me at this age.

This is when I was in Iowa. I am pretty sure it was my 13th birthday (7th grade). I had just gotten my hair chopped off and had a perm that was growing out.

Now this is Kentucky. I was in High School because that is Mr. Rhodus' english class. I want to say 9th grade but I am not for sure. These are two of my friends, Katie and Emily, we played soccer all through HS.

This is my Junior year Christmas Dance. We only had two dances at my school (Christmas Dance and Prom) so they were both big formal deals. This is Nathan Bowman (now married to an adorable girl with a baby on the way) and we happened to be swing dance partners at the time. Nothing professional but I think we could cut a mean rug. Good times!

This is also my junior year, it was a photo for Youth Salute. I don't know if they do this everywhere but in Kentucky if you have a certain GPA, are involved in enough extracurriculars, and have a particular amount of service you get to be in it. You get a photo shoot and a spotlight done that they put up at the mall (quite a big deal when you are in HS).
Ok, I had to include this because it just cracks me up! This is before my Senior year Christmas dance (2001) and I went with my best friend Nick Miller. I don't know who I was trying to show off for but I am sure my sister took the picture. I always thought I was so heavy in HS but in this picture you can see my cheek bones and my collar bone so I was doin' too bad.

The summer after I graduated (2002) was my last year as a YCL at Girls Camp. Fun times!! These were my other three YCL's who were over the same year. We all started with J's so we called ourselves the J-Crew (hence the sign on the door). Notice my friend Jessica's short shorts on the left. I think before the girls arrived the Leaders weren't as strict about dress code.

This is July 27th, 2004, the day before Aiden was born. I went in to be induced and after all day with no contractions they sent me home. About 6am the next morning my water broke and she arrived at 9:50pm.

This is Aiden's first Halloween. She was only 3months old but we had fun. We dressed up as Cinderella and the wicked step sisters. Megean and I wore dresses from HS (that is the same dress as I wore to my senior Christmas Dance pictured above) and mom wore the outfit I wore on trek a few years earlier. It was a good night!

This is February 2006, our first family picture. We had been engaged a month or so. Aiden isn't looking at the camera but you can still see those chubby cheeks. She was about 18months when this picture was taken, I was 22 and Jason was 24.

This is on our wedding day (if you couldn't tell from the tux and white dress) in Nauvoo June 3, 2006. Happy day- HOT- but happy!
This was our most recent family picture taken. Jason looks like a lumber jack which is funny but he doesn't now.
I hope people enjoy taking this little trip down memory lane with me. I know I love looking at pictures of people growing up so if anyone wants to blog about that I will comment for sure. PLUS, it is nice to have these photos scanned and on the internet in case something was to happen to our photos, some would be saved. I wish I had some photos of me at BYU but unfortunately those got lost somewhere. Plus, I went to Europe in HS and those would have been fun to post but those were with my BYU photos. Maybe someday they will show up and I will blog them but until then- Have a Happy Spring day!

7 comments:

RondaJo said...

Thanks for sharing. You looked so cute pregnant! I didn't realize your anniversary is June 3rd--the baby is due June 4th, maybe *she* will hold off and come on your anniversary. :-)

RondaJo said...

Oh and I agree with you. I think Aiden totally looks like you in that first picture.

Anonymous said...

FUN!! I too think Aiden looks like you, a lot! You were soooo not heavy in HS. Isn't it funny on how hard we all were on our selves before babies? I'd take back my HS body any day and be extremely happy with it, lol.

What's up with Nate's hair? Can you say, "OUT OF CONTROL". It was so wide and blonde. Wow, time has flown.

You looked beautiful pregers. And you didn't even get that big. Not fare! I forgot....we have the same anniversary, June 3rd! Loved the picture of you, your Mom, and Megean. I had to search to find out who that was with all the sexy make up on.

Thanks for the fun trip down memory lane. Hey, do you ever think you will make it back out here to Utah?

MarciaAnne said...

Jacob said to me, "Did you read Jessie's new post? She has a picture of herself on there that looks just like Aiden." I agree it does. That is so funny that you were the J-Crew, I was in the Four-Ms (also at girls camp). We each had a color, I was the green M. There were also red, orange and blue. That was a fun week. I knew you played soccer, but I didn't know you could swing! How fun. I think your belly looks huge with Aiden, it makes sense since she is to come out the next day. And I absolutely love the wedding picture. Wouldn't it be fun for us to run around all the time in fancy dresses and the men folk in nice tuxes...what, oh I am the only one that feels that way? How sad for me then.

Jessie said...

Thank you all so much for your comments! I was hoping people wouldn't think I was vain by posting them.

Ronda- You keep that baby in there till June 3rd and that would be so fun! Also, your biggest baby probably.

Amanda- I also forget we have the same anniversary. Funny! I DESPERATLY want to get out to Utah sometime. I have so many people I want to catch up with! Plus, I feel bad that for 3 years her Utah grandparents have had to make the trip out here and I havent' yet made it out there. I am planning on starting school in the fall so with the help of student loans the trip is much more likely. I would love for Aiden to get to play with your boys!!

Marcia- My belly was huge! Can you picture me out jogging around that big? I jogged while I was pregnant all the way up until 3 days before she was born. My mom would just sit on the porch and laugh!

Telefone VoIP said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura said...

Do Aiden and I really have the same birthday?! July 28th?! That is awesome!