Bobby's Cars birthday cake
I think the biggest surprise for us was that my Grandpa and Grandma Boardman came. There were several reasons that this is surprising. One is because they are my Dad's parents and since my parents are divorced we didn't expect them to come to my moms house. The second reason is because my Grandma had brain surgery about 2 years ago, I think. She spent some time in the nursing home and really couldn't walk or speak or feed herself. My Grandpa brought her home and lots of people didn't really think he would be able to take care of her. The last time I went over to see her she could look around at us but still could speak or communicate. I remember her sitting in the chair and not even being able to pull up her lap blanket. But at Bobby's party she walked in by herself and hugged me and chatted to all of us. I don't think she is 100% better but she is definitely 95%. I was so happy that I cried (and I am not a cryer)!
We also went to the Cincinnati zoo while we were in Kentucky and had a blast! It was a long day but I think everyone had a great time. I was too lazy to upload all the photos on here so I made a video of them. Sorry about the clips being so wobbly, most were made with a 3 year old pulling on my leg.


3 comments:
Looks like you had a great time. I really miss Aiden, and you too. Aiden is just so nice and I miss that. Hope all is well.
Sounds like you had a fun trip!
Where do I begin????
I totally didn't recognize Bobby...he sure has grown up to be one handsome Navy Man. and Megan, she still looks so little but all grown up at the same time. When is her wedding? Your Mom looks Fab and I want to know her secret to such young looking skin. She looks happy too. You must tell me more about this boyfriend of hers, how exciting!
I love your hair cut. I need more pictures of it. It looked very young and fresh. Aiden is getting so big now. Will she be in Pre-school in August already? I loved looking at those pictures of her when she was little (from Being tagged) SOOOOOO CUTE!
Thank you for making me HOME SICK FOR KY Jessie, LOL!! It is so beautiful out there. I can't wait to come...I just wish you lived near by so we could hang. Lindsay and I are going to the Richmond Ward the second week in May. I haven't been back in nine years. I am sure people have come and gone since then. Does it start at 9:30am still or was it 10:am?
The BBQ looked like so much fun. I ABSOLUTLY love the singing with the guitars. John Denver and Johnny Cash...two of my favorite singers. They sounded great. You will have to inform me on what you meant by something sad happened to your Mom. I am lost.
Looks like life is swell for ya and I need to be better at checking blogs to keep up with everyone. My sisters have to remind me to check theirs after time goes by. MY problem is, is that once I sit down and start reading blogs....my whole day is gone in front of the computer.....so addicting!!
Post a Comment