Saturday, January 17, 2009

Things to Say

I have been doing this blog for quit some time. I very much enjoy posting pictures and stories about my friends and family. Yet, I have had some time on my hands during the day while Aiden is at school and I have been perusing other blogs. Some people really put some interesting thoughts out there. For a long time there has been two things holding me back from putting my own interesting things on my blog.


1) Why would anyone want to read my "interesting" thoughts?
2) I am not a good enough writer for anyone to read my thoughts.


Both of these no longer bother me and I will explain why. The last 4 months have been my own personal renaissance. I have grown and changed more in that short time than I feel I ever have. My point of view has changed and I have the most amazing sense of self worth now. There have been several key events that have helped me along this path of self discovery. I have often wanted to share these events and this blog might be a nice forum to try that out.
As for the second item, it too has a story of its own. In High School I always considered myself a good writer. I was always doing stories and poems and such. One time, someone very close to me asked to read some of my writing. I picked out one of my favorite stories, an A paper from High school, and let that person read it. Not long after starting the first page, I was told that it didn't make any sense and couldn't be read any further. Here was a person who was wanting to marry me and was supposed to love me more than anyone (Oops, did I just give away who it was? Shucks!) and he couldn't bare to trudge through it. Needless to say, that delivered quit a blow to my already small self esteem.
For almost 3 years, I never wrote anything again. Not a story, not a poem. The only thing I allowed myself to write was this blog. But thanks to my new found self confidence, I now feel more comfortable sharing my ideas again. If I can touch one person or help one person then it is well worth the risk of embarrassment about using the wrong punctuation or having the wrong structure to my sentences.
Don't worry! This blog will still be a fun, family oriented blog with pictures and stories. But I wanted to let everyone know that, now and then, I will probably be posting a wordy piece (similar to my previous post about my new friends). I don't know if they will be about religion, children, life, or love. Who knows?! As always, I love comments so don't hold back.

4 comments:

RondaJo said...

I am glad you have a new found confidence on yourself. I can't wait to read you have to share with us.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I find you very interesting. I think we can all learn from each other. Don't hold back. I want to see what's going on inside that head of yours besides, motherhood, school, work, and church!

Anonymous said...

Be YOU!! Do not EVER hold yourself back...You have so many gifts to explore in this life...Do not conform to the thoughts of any person..Use what God has given you ALWAYS!!! Steph

Kristin said...

I'm so happy for you! You just seem like a totally different person than when I saw you up in Nauvoo last spring - it's amazing. You are such a talented, strong, creative person.

I can't wait to read your stuff!