Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Wednesday, I told Aiden that she could stay up for New Year. While she was at school, I went and got alot of treats from the store (pizza rolls, ice creams, chips, etc.) so she called it out New Years Party. We were hoping to watch Sleepless in Seattle but we couldn't find it. So I chose a couple more but she couldn't have been less interested. She just played and ate and enjoyed being able to stay up.This the Aiden with her New Years hat that she got from school. Her friend Joel gave it to her so she complained all night that it made her look like a boy. She is also holding her plate of pizza rolls, a favorite of both of ours. She asked for more later on but I had only gotten on little box. I wasn't trying to be mean, I just knew that if we got a whole big bag the two of us would sit and eat it. Aiden later informed me that next time I need to buy more since she was still hungry for pizza rolls.



Aiden wanted to make a video for New Years. She is pretty much addicted to watching herself on camera. So we did 3. One she coughed through it so she didn't like it. The second one, I sound dumb because I trip over my words but it really shows her personality so it is the one we used. The 3rd one was perfect but since we had done it a couple times before, it sounded like she was reciting a script. But she is just so darn cute!!


We couldn't find her lunch box the next day to make her lunch for school Friday. So I sent her to the car to see if it was in there. I just thought it was too cute with her in my coat so I snapped a picture.

A finger and a chin



She kept trying to take a picture of me but there were two problems. 1) she didn't know how to aim so she kept getting pictures of my stomach and legs and 2) she kept saying I wasn't smiling big enough. So this scary picture is what you get when I cheese really big and swoop down at the last second so there is a chance that my face might make it in and not my jean.



Aiden has two uncles out on missions. Well, actually, now she has one uncle out on a mission. Uncle Eddie (above right) just got home from serving a 2 year LDS mission in Mexico City. Her arrived safely home on New Years eve and seems happy and healthy. This is the only uncle Aiden hasn't gotten to meet yet. He sent letters and pictures while on his mission but she hasn't seen him in person. We are very excited to see Ed and his whole family when we go out to Utah this summer. I haven't been back since January of 04 so it will be nice to be back.


Utah has always gotten alot of grief, especially out here in the east. But I loved it! I liked it in Happy Valley where everyone was LDS, even if some take it for granted. Who knows if I will ever return for longer than a visit. I do know that it will be an interesting trip down memory lane. When I left it was quick and sad. No closure so maybe this trip will be just that. I look forward to spending more than a couple hours with my Utah family and also showing Aiden around BYU. Who knows, maybe she will like it so much, this will start a desire for her to attend? Ok, she is 4 so maybe that is a little much to hope for. Aiden got a bed tent for Christmas so she wanted to show everyone. It is really cute and it helps her sleep at night. She also got a flashlight from Santa (he did camping gear this year) so she sleeps with that and feels so safe.


Cute close-up. We get so few of these with her eyes open. She blinks for every picture! Maybe it is her New Years Resolution to keep her eyes open for photos. Haha, I hope everyone is excited for the New Year and that you enjoyed 2008. I have to admit, Aiden and I had a rocky 2008, so we are hoping for smooth sailing in 2009.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy New Year! I love that last closeup picture of Aiden - she looks so adorable.

I hope you guys have a fun trip to Utah!! I give it a lot of grief, I know, but it really is beautiful there. If only it weren't for all the Mormons... ;)

Anonymous said...

Pretty much the cutest pic of Aiden ever!!! Steph

Anonymous said...

I can't wait till you get out here too! We have two of every super hero outfit so she is good to go. The kids are going to love her! Did you know that your old dorm is gone? I can't remember if I sent you a picture of it when we drove by? If not let me know. It's weird your building is gone:( You look so good in your picture cheesing it. And BTW-I forgot to tell you you looked SO much slimmer in that red shirt this year than last year. Big difference! You are so lucky to lose weight and not even know until you take a picture. You make it look easy:) You look GREAT!