Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Another year older

This year my birthday fell on a Thursday. Which meant I had to work then go to school and take 2 tests. Yuck!! Didn't really feel like a birthday. A few days before, Josh had asked if he could take Aiden out shopping on Wednesday. I said it was fine with me if Aiden wanted too. Of course she did! So I left for school and Josh came to get her after he got done with class.



I had no idea why he wanted to take her shopping. Well, they went to get me flowers for my birthday. I came home from class about 11pm to find beautiful yellow roses on my computer desk. They were so pretty!

When I called Josh to tell him Thank you he said "there's more." I asked him if I needed to hunt for if I would find it. Well, I walked in my room and Aiden had picked out red roses for me. I just went ahead and added them in.

This was by far my favorite part of the entire gift. On the little flower card her wrote the Ukrainian over the English. I think I will always treasure this little card.

Labor Day weekend we went to Josh's house after church and had some fun times. This is Aiden in Josh's chairs.

I cooked so he did the dishes. So cute, right?! Look at that smile :)

Aiden was a wild woman!

We went to Dry Ridge, Kentucky where Josh is from and spent some time with Grandma and Paul. Aiden was super excited to get to swim. And by swim I mean get in the water and not leave the steps.

Aiden and Josh in the pool Love this pic!!!
It was such an a amazing 3 day weekend. On Saturday, Josh threw me a Birthday BBQ and had some friends over. It was great!! So great I didn't get a chance to take pictures. Even my sister and brother in law were able to come into town. Then we went to my dad's and had a little party and had the best night sitting around the fire talking. Weird growing up and being able to hang out with your parents and have a conversation.

2 comments:

The Hicks of Kentucky said...

Sounds like you had so much fun! And u n Josh look so cute together!

Amber said...

Sounds like a fun birthday with a great guy! I'm happy for you!