Aiden started her 3rd season of dance classes this week. She is in the 7+ Ballet/Modern class. Now, if any of you have even met Aiden, you can imagine how dance class usually goes. She barely talks and for weeks she will just stand and watch. But this class she jumped right in and did everything!! She was jumping and stretching and trying the new moves. AMAZING!! Also, she is really good at modern dance. I am so glad we left tap class behind. Far behind :)
More importantly, today was Aiden's first day of 1st grade. She got off the bus and was exhausted and thirsty. I didn't press her for details I just got her some apple juice and let her rest. After one episode of Suite Life on Deck she was ready to share.This year she goes all day so a friend of ours (Marcy Combs) takes her in the morning and she rides the bus home. She loved lunch today. Chicken nuggets, pears, chocolate milk and a roll are the way to my child's heart I guess. Plus, she gets a locker this year. She feels very grown up! They also don't share tables in first grade. Aiden gets her own desk.
I'm so proud and excited for my little angel. I really feel like time is speeding by.
One fun piece of trivia is that Aiden in not the only Aiden in her class this year. There is a little boy named Aiden M. so she will be Aiden B. The funny part is that growing up I wasn't the only Jessie in class. When I lived in Illinois I had to be Jessie B. because there was a boy in class named Jesse M. Kinda funny! I gave her a boys name on purpose because I had one so I love the similarities.
I'm so proud and excited for my little angel. I really feel like time is speeding by.
One fun piece of trivia is that Aiden in not the only Aiden in her class this year. There is a little boy named Aiden M. so she will be Aiden B. The funny part is that growing up I wasn't the only Jessie in class. When I lived in Illinois I had to be Jessie B. because there was a boy in class named Jesse M. Kinda funny! I gave her a boys name on purpose because I had one so I love the similarities.
This is Aiden and her best buddy from church Rachael. She isnt' in Aiden's class but they have class at the same time (in different rooms of course). She is super excited to see Rach on Sunday AND Monday.*Nothing against tap class. I am actually a big fan of tap and would love to take an adult tap class in the near future. But for my sweet, shy child it is just not a good fit. I didnt' want to offend any tappers or parents of tappers out there*
1 comment:
Love that girl! I'm so glad she liked dance so much on Monday. And I can't believe she's in first grade!! I think first grade will be harder on me, too; kindergarten kind of feels a little like preschool.
Post a Comment