Monday, May 3, 2010

From Sweet to Funny

So, being a single mom, Mother's Day isn't usually that eventful. They will make something at school and usually the primary will hand out a flower on Mother's Day but other than that not alot of Pomp and Circumstance. But this year I guess Aiden is more aware and today we had the funniest conversations!

On our way home from dance class I was talking to Aiden about what we were gonna do for my mom this year. She started to pipe up with an idea she wanted to do for me. I told her she needed to talk to Noney about that.

After bed time I heard Aiden bellow, "Mother, I need to speak with Noney!" (I usually only get that when I'm "in trouble.") After they talked mom came back out and told me about there conversation. This is how it went:

Mom:
Yes Aiden?

Aiden:
I saw some flowers on the TV I want to get for Mommy for Mother's Day. They even come with a vase!

(Sweet huh?!)

Mom:
Do you remember how much they cost?

Aiden:
$19.99

Mom:
Ok, we can handle that. This week while Mommy is at school we will go look for them.

Aiden:
It told a phone number to call but I forgot it. But last time I called it was busy.

After Mom told me that I busted up laughing! Isn't it adorable that she was aware of the holiday and saw something she thought I'd like?! But it is hysterical that she tried to call the number. I have a feeling it was 1-800-FLOWERS but honestly its probably good the line was busy. Who knows what she would have actually gotten a hold of.

I have the best little angel ever!

1 comment:

MarciaAnne said...

Yay! sounds like fun.