Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dean Update

Ok, I know you are all just dieing to know the latest in the Dean Martin saga. Well. . . maybe not dieing to know. . . but I'll update you anyway. hehe! Actually there are at least two people I know who read this blog that have figured it out. So smart ladies!

Here goes, we hung out on Friday with my friend Sara. I'm not sure if I shared that Sara is our best friend. That may sound silly but she is my best friend and Dean's best friend so we share her. Usually, Sara and Dean make the plans and Sara fills me in. But this week, he and I made the plans. I thought that was a step in the right direction. So they came to Richmond, which was a total blast! Afterwards, I was fully prepared to take them back to the car and sweetly send them on their way. This may sound rude but to any of you who have seen my house you would understand. We have 4 generations under one roof and the 2 eldest generations are pack rats. Need I say more? But Dean invited himself in and stayed for about 2 1/2 hrs. I thought this was a good sign also since he didn't HAVE to stay.

Then he sent Sara and I a message (yup, both of us, not just her) and said that we should go out again together on Thursday. Now, it is usually Sara and I tracking him down and figuring things out. I thought his desire to not only hang out but come up with an idea all himself was great!

So that's the update. I mean alot of stuff happened in between but those seemed to be the exciting highlights. Now my mom and sister are not good sounding boards. I could say I was in love with Brad Pitt and I think they would say he was totally into me. But my brother-in-law, David, usually gives me pretty honest opinions. He thought this was all good stuff. So, I open the floor to you.

If this were you, would you be excited?

Do you think this is progress or just a classic case of Jessie reading too much into things?

Be honest!! I will get nowhere in the world of dating with sugar coating. (Plus, I always get more comments when I ask a question in the blog.)

2 comments:

Laura said...

It seems like it's definitely steps in the right direction, but definitely let us know when you and "Dean Martin" go on a date WITHOUT Sara. That'll be a huge milestone, it seems. It sure seems like it's headed that way, but try to keep your cool and just enjoy the trip! :)

Kristin said...

Love the updates! I'm way too far out of the dating world to know the signs anymore, but it all sounds positive.

I would be excited. :)